Farfield Inn, Neepsend Lane.

I can't imagine it being a popular lot, other than to knock down and use the land... The neighbouring properties aren't exactly des res! Put a cheeky offer in Gnomi ;)

It's a Grade II Listed building so I can't see it getting knocked down.

I can't imagine it being a popular lot, other than to knock down and use the land... The neighbouring properties aren't exactly des res! Put a cheeky offer in Gnomi ;)

Would make a good lot for conversion into apartments . I used to booze in there back in the early 90`s , and id say you could easily convert into six units . It becoming quite trendy down Neepsend and Kelham Island ,so the units would command a good rent or sale price.

A property developer i know is going to be bidding on it at the auction , with that exact intention .

So it sold for £250k ??? it would need at least another 100k spending on it so I'm guessing it's another rich developer that got it in the end..

If it's that old, is it by any chance a listed building? And if not, ought it to be?

It is Grade II listed

Would make a good lot for conversion into apartments . I used to booze in there back in the early 90`s , and id say you could easily convert into six units . It becoming quite trendy down Neepsend and Kelham Island ,so the units would command a good rent or sale price.

A property developer i know is going to be bidding on it at the auction , with that exact intention .

It wouldn't be a very nice location to live there, sandwiched in between Pennistone road and that road with all the industrial places.

So it sold for £250k ??? it would need at least another 100k spending on it so I'm guessing it's another rich developer that got it in the end..

£250k!? That's mad - I thought it would struggle at £95k. It's right next to a scrap yard and it needs completely gutting. I also thought the fact it was listed would reduce its value - the land would probably be worth more without it.

£250k!? That's mad - I thought it would struggle at £95k. It's right next to a scrap yard and it needs completely gutting. I also thought the fact it was listed would reduce its value - the land would probably be worth more without it.

I thought the same Robin. I just hope they don't sit on it for another 10 years, it's such a fabulous building it deserves to be restored before it falls down. That whole area will eventually be redeveloped I imagine, I'm guessing whoever bought it knows that.

I thought the same Robin. I just hope they don't sit on it for another 10 years, it's such a fabulous building it deserves to be restored before it falls down. That whole area will eventually be redeveloped I imagine, I'm guessing whoever bought it knows that.

I doubt if they paid 250k they will let it fall down. The land is probably worth little.

I doubt if they paid 250k they will let it fall down. The land is probably worth little.

I dunno, I wouldn’t be surprised if the land was worth more without the building, as you’d be able to build a block of apartments. Grade II listing doesn’t guarantee protection unfortunately so it may be potential buyers were tipped off that the council would be willing to grant demolition. Hopefully that is not true, as it’s a building with a lot of history and it would be great to see it restored.

I dunno, I wouldn’t be surprised if the land was worth more without the building, as you’d be able to build a block of apartments. Grade II listing doesn’t guarantee protection unfortunately so it may be potential buyers were tipped off that the council would be willing to grant demolition. Hopefully that is not true, as it’s a building with a lot of history and it would be great to see it restored.

Well, I'm certainly in the club of 'save it!' - let's be clear on that :)

However, it's pretty much the furthest away from all the current development around KIsland/Neeps. I think once the old stones building is build on, and the block around the Garderner's, the value of this land will definitely increase.

Once the development crosses Rutland Road, that whol area will be worth more - I think.

Well, I'm certainly in the club of 'save it!' - let's be clear on that :)

However, it's pretty much the furthest away from all the current development around KIsland/Neeps. I think once the old stones building is build on, and the block around the Garderner's, the value of this land will definitely increase.

Once the development crosses Rutland Road, that whol area will be worth more - I think.

Agreed. The new ski slope will help with the regeneration as well. I did wonder whether a company like Wetherspoons would be interested. They will need a pub at that end at some point. Time will tell I guess. I can't help but feel sad that my dreams for the place were never realised but little people like me rarely get those kind of opportunities. Let's just hope they start restoring it soon.

I'm sure all the area around Parkwood Springs would be prime locale for redevelopment. What with the Ski Village and talk of reopening the train line and former Neepsend station

Would be a shame if the use for the Fairfield was something other than a Public House ..

Any info on what's happening to the former Stones brewery ??

Edited by ICXCNIKA