Farfield Inn, Neepsend Lane.

It should be done up and re opened as a real ale pub to join the other real ale pubs and it's also on route with the pubs, we always start in the gardeners rest and then make our way to kelham island and end up in riverside it's a little walk but i really enjoy it especially in the summer, so putting Fairfield on the map of real ale pubs would be brill....

When was it boarded up it is a shame It looks like a really old pub anyone no when it was built?

It should be done up and re opened as a real ale pub to join the other real ale pubs and it's also on route with the pubs, we always start in the gardeners rest and then make our way to kelham island and end up in riverside it's a little walk but i really enjoy it especially in the summer, so putting Fairfield on the map of real ale pubs would be brill....

Problem is it would cost a lot as mentioned. And it's just a little bit too far out of the way from all the new flats in Neepsend. It's a big risk.

I hope it doesn't get demolished though.

It would put the logical start for "the trail" back at the Hillsborough Hotel. It would make for quite a long trail, but then Sheffield is named as Britain's real ale capital http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/01/10/travel/2014-places-to-go.html?_r=1

It would put the logical start for "the trail" back at the Hillsborough Hotel. It would make for quite a long trail, but then Sheffield is named as Britain's real ale capital http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/01/10/travel/2014-places-to-go.html?_r=1

Or the New Barrack Tavern as the starting point, then Hillsborough Hotel, Farfield, Gardeners, Riverside, Harlequin, Cat, Kelham, Shakespeares, Ship and Welly!

When was it boarded up it is a shame It looks like a really old pub anyone no when it was built?

1790's Farfield House.

1790's Farfield House.

If it's that old, is it by any chance a listed building? And if not, ought it to be?

If it's that old, is it by any chance a listed building? And if not, ought it to be?

It is Grade 2 listed.

Me too............ some great memories going back some years to when Ralf and his missus ran it ( think it was still called The Owl then) . Saturday night lock ins , staggering out about 4am .

There is nothing new!

Just found this in the Sheffield & Rotherham Independent 26 July 1879

RAID ON PUBLICANS

Henry Gardener, landlord of the Fairfield Inn, Neepsend Lane, was summoned for permitting drunkenness on his premises and for keeping open during illegal hours, on Sunday the 13th inst.A penalty of £5 and costs was imposed, the conviction was not to be endorsed.

So what's going on with this place. A random led light has been mounted outside.

I recall seeing an old photo of this building as a house with front garden. Complete contrast to how it looks now.

There's also an old photo of it on picturesheffield

http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;s00911&pos=4&action=zoom&id=4770

Edited by WarPig