Waverley Train Station

i know you live at Waverly and i know you are pro Waverly (looking at your link) but really? yes the diggers are there at present but they will go/move on once the houses near you are built as the area develops. You will have enough noise pollution from all the cars queuing up round the block to get out in the morning due to the poor road links or trying to navigate their way around the estate due to lack of parking availability causing people to park all over the place(see Woodlaithes as a prime example of what is to come).

Anyone who haas lived near a train line (as i have) will know what noise is coming. Yes i agree with you that people moving to the Waverley should fully understand what will be there when they purchase the house but to say it wont disrupt them because " it dont bother me" is a bit self rightous isnt it?

As for the future of the Waverley? you already have parkign issues up there which will get worse (as reported in your link), the transport network up there will get very slow in a short amount of time (its a good job that the planned P&R isnt happening or it would be worse) and as for the "trendy bars" that are coming, first pint will be on me when they build them and they are "trendy" - this is Rotherham we are talking about.

You really are a barrel of fun aren't you.

What time is the world going to end, btw?

There is a proposal to open a station at Waverley and for the Sheffield to Lincoln line to end at a new station near the Capita tower (off Parkway). Although this part of the councils ambition/idea for the HS2 station to be located at Victoria, rather than Meadowhall. Regardless improved transport links between the city and the AMP is needed

http://www.welcometosheffield.co.uk/content/images/fromassets/100_2827_130214102747.pdf

Edited by MJbayley

There is a proposal to open a station at Waverley and for the Sheffield to Lincoln line to end at a new station near the Capita tower (off Parkway). Although this part of the councils ambition/idea for the HS2 station to be located at Victoria, rather than Meadowhall. Regardless improved transport links between the city and the AMP is needed

http://www.welcometosheffield.co.uk/content/images/fromassets/100_2827_130214102747.pdf

All of that document is merely a response from SCC to HS2 and means absolutely nothing.

You really are a barrel of fun aren't you.

What time is the world going to end, btw?

Not a barrel of fun, just a realist

never - because everything is awesome!

All of that document is merely a response from SCC to HS2 and means absolutely nothing.

Its SSC stating its case for HS2 station to be located in Sheffield, at Victoria, as part of the route consultation . A station Waverley forms part of their ideas which i was merely highlighting. Although i suspect the station will end up at Meadowhall, although thats for another thread!

http://www.welcometosheffield.co.uk/business/developments/future-developments/high-speed-rail

Its SSC stating its case for HS2 station to be located in Sheffield, at Victoria, as part of the route consultation .

http://www.welcometosheffield.co.uk/business/developments/future-developments/high-speed-rail

And the arguments against this have been raised and they are perfectly valid ones - there isnt enough room to build there and would cost millions more to do.

They arent going to change it now.

As for a Waverley station, it would have to be a private enterprise that funds the station as SYPTE dont have a pot to do the proverbial in. Northern Rail/Railtrack would presumably both have to agree to it too.

And the arguments against this have been raised and they are perfectly valid ones - there isnt enough room to build there and would cost millions more to do.

They arent going to change it now.

As for a Waverley station, it would have to be a private enterprise that funds the station as SYPTE dont have a pot to do the proverbial in. Northern Rail/Railtrack would presumably both have to agree to it too.

I believe the final route is announced this year? I know consultation ended in January. Like you my bets are on that the proposed route, i.e. meadowall, although not certain, is unlikely to change, despite the councils plees! With regards to the Waverly site, im sure i read somewhere that there was plans for a new rapid bus service into the city centre.

http://www.sheffieldcityregion.org.uk/2012/04/lep-confirms-3m-funding-for-bus-rapid-transport/

Edit: I was thinking of something else

Edited by MJbayley

I believe the final route is announced this year? I know consultation ended in January. Like you my bets are on that the proposed route, i.e. meadowall, although not certain, is unlikely to change, despite the councils plees! With regards to the Waverly site, im sure i read somewhere that there was plans for a new rapid bus service into the city centre.

http://www.sheffieldcityregion.org.uk/2012/04/lep-confirms-3m-funding-for-bus-rapid-transport/

Edit: I was thinking of something else

You were right, there was meant to be a BRT scheme running from Waverley with a P&R there but the govt refused the funding and its now dead.

Just so there's no confusion, there are still plans for a Park & Ride at Waverley, though this will be using buses not trams/trains. SYPTE are currently awaiting a funding decision from Government to confirm if the proposals will go ahead.

Just slightly off thread but does the Waverley homes site have access to Superfast Fibreoptic Broadband or only ADSL? Either way what download speeds do you get?

Just so there's no confusion, there are still plans for a Park & Ride at Waverley, though this will be using buses not trams/trains. SYPTE are currently awaiting a funding decision from Government to confirm if the proposals will go ahead.

Source for this twichibi?

The BRT south including the Waverley P&R got killed in 2011 when the govt first announced it was backing the BRT North scheme and commented that the Southern scheme had no business case so was refusing the funding for it. There has been, to my knowledge, no further bids have been made by the PTE for funding for either a BRT to go through Waverley or a P&R to be built there, if you would like to pm me with this info then i would quite happily wander upstairs to the specific department and get clarification and subsequently offer my apologies to you.

It also refused the funding the Waverley link road to Rotherham council becuase RMBC and SCC couldnt agree on the road. Again, i am not aware of any change to this.

Im not been obtuse twichibi at all but if Waverley are still selling the idea of a P&R getting built on the estate then it is incorrect and has been since 2011 unless you can provide evidence. As I said if you wish to PM me with it then do so and I will eat humble pie accordingly.

Just slightly off thread but does the Waverley homes site have access to Superfast Fibreoptic Broadband or only ADSL? Either way what download speeds do you get?

Origin Broadband should be able to provide fast broadband. I live in the middle of catcliffe and have it.

---------- Post added 23-04-2014 at 13:25 ----------

Im surprised that there never was a P&R at waverley. To be honest, im glad there isnt as the roads around there now are getting a bit daft during rush hour. They certainly arent capable of handling the increased demand that will be placed on them when waverley is finished! Instead I would vote for a P&R at the Aston Hotel at the Sheffield Business Park. There is already a second lane going up the hill from the parkway to it as it is so from an infrastructure point of view, its already there! There's also a bus gate close to it and would allow for a fast service from Meadowhall to Sheffield via Tinsley, Brinsworth, the P&R, and the Parkway.

As for the station (back to topic). It would be nice to see it happen but I doubt it ever will. The main problem is the fact that the frequency of the trains are poor and the line only goes between Lincoln and Sheffield.