Assistance Given During Attack on My Dog

I know this is a long shot but I would just like to send out a thank you to all the people who stopped to try and help me last Sunday, 2 February when my trainee Guide Dog puppy was badly attacked by another dog. The incident happened on The Common, Ecclesfield and these lovely people were so quick to stop their cars and come and help. I honestly do not know what I would have done without their help. My puppy is slowly healing physically but the worry is the attack will have left him with a fear of other dogs which will then stop him becoming a future Guide Dog.

If any of your family or friends have mentioned they were involved in this incident please pass on my thanks. I did try and thank everyone at the time but I was so distressed I never thought to get any names etc.

I know this is a long shot but I would just like to send out a thank you to all the people who stopped to try and help me last Sunday, 2 February when my trainee Guide Dog puppy was badly attacked by another dog. The incident happened on The Common, Ecclesfield and these lovely people were so quick to stop their cars and come and help. I honestly do not know what I would have done without their help. My puppy is slowly healing physically but the worry is the attack will have left him with a fear of other dogs which will then stop him becoming a future Guide Dog.

If any of your family or friends have mentioned they were involved in this incident please pass on my thanks. I did try and thank everyone at the time but I was so distressed I never thought to get any names etc.

I hope the puppy is not scarred by this incident and I hope you and the puppy are recovering ok from the ordeal, the job you people do to train guide/assistance dogs is wonderful, best wishes to you both ,and the people who helped are wonderful xx

just what kind of people let there dog attack a guide dog ? sick .

sadly this happens a lot nowadays, and as the puppies wouldn't even be aggressive it just goes to show that the other dogs should not be allowed near other dogs at all :mad:

Did the dog have an owner there?

Staffy owners, I expect.

Yes the dog's owner was there. Both dogs were on leads at the time of the attack. We literally passed them on the pavement and instantly the other dog lunged at him and had hold of him by the muzzle. His training will carry on as normal and we are just hoping he will regain his confidence. He is only just over 4 months old so hopefully he will improve over time.

Staffy owners, I expect.

here we go!!!!, why do people assume it was a staffy? any breed of dog could be capable of attacking another dog, :rant:

Unfortunately it was a staffy I am afraid but I am definitely of the opinion that every breed of dog can be dangerous.

here we go!!!!, why do people assume it was a staffy? any breed of dog could be capable of attacking another dog, :rant:

I know a few lovely Staffy's. But unfortunately for the breed and decent owners they do seem to be the current show off dog of the mentally challenged.

Was the owner to blame in any any way?

Here's hoping the dog gets over it and becomes a useful guide dog.