Whats Sheaf Island Wetherspoons like after Blades home games?

I was planning to go for a drink and meal to Sheaf Island Saturday 4-00 pm time,one of my sisters has cried off because someone told her the place was a madhouse after United home games!This put the wind up 8 people I had invited who are not going so instead of around 20 people invited for my birthday its down to 8!.Is she correct have I picked the wrong place and wrong time?Any info welcome!Thanks!.:confused::huh::help:

Although I have not been after a match,I like the place HOWEVER the service is absolutely appalling at times.

I have been in their when there have been about a dozen people waiting and 2 behind the bar.

They seem to have staff but they are doing other things and don't break off when people are waiting.

Serving customers seems a low priority in their have walked out several times.

Compared with the Rawson Spring I have never had to wait more than a few minuets even on a match day.

It's normally a depressing site full of people drowning their sorrows after a loss.

Golden Lion is the best after a home match. I am the DJ with Penny Arcade on about 70000000000000000000000000000 times haha

step up and play

Edited by IanBell
please delete my post

I was planning to go for a drink and meal to Sheaf Island Saturday 4-00 pm time,one of my sisters has cried off because someone told her the place was a madhouse after United home games!This put the wind up 8 people I had invited who are not going so instead of around 20 people invited for my birthday its down to 8!.Is she correct have I picked the wrong place and wrong time?Any info welcome!Thanks!.:confused::huh::help:

I go in after every game. It no more busy than any other city centre pub and certainly no madhouse. Just don't turn up in blue and white stripes.

I go in after every game. It no more busy than any other city centre pub and certainly no madhouse. Just don't turn up in blue and white stripes.

I agree,theres no trouble and it's always a mixed crowd in there,you will have no problems ,go for it :)

Get's better every week united get nearer the conferance

If its Sheff United I guess the fans will be forever fighting with each others.

Is this your seat?

Yes

Well I'm having it now

Oh Yeah?

Yeah lets fight

or

I'm off to the toilets

Why what you going for?

What you trying to say?

Come on then lets me an thee go for it

get you fists up

Or

What you drinking?

I don't want to drink

I was only asking if you fancied a drink

I bet you wanted more

What you saying?

come on then, lets start

When I find out United are in the area I often run in the oppoiste direction. I suggest you do the same

Get's better every week united get nearer the conferance

The "conferance",Is that a pub further up the road?

---------- Post added 08-02-2014 at 09:40 ----------

If its Sheff United I guess the fans will be forever fighting with each others.

Is this your seat?

Yes

Well I'm having it now

Oh Yeah?

Yeah lets fight

or

I'm off to the toilets

Why what you going for?

What you trying to say?

Come on then lets me an thee go for it

get you fists up

Or

What you drinking?

I don't want to drink

I was only asking if you fancied a drink

I bet you wanted more

What you saying?

come on then, lets start

When I find out United are in the area I often run in the oppoiste direction. I suggest you do the same

Fishfood,we haven't figured out who you really are yet,i just hope there is room for another member to post childish digs at the blades on here:roll:

The op asked if the pub is ok after matches,the answer is yes,I'm sorry if it upsets some s6 fans they are choosing a pub where SOME blades fans go after the match but hey ho,such is life.

THE PUB IS OK,THERE IS NO TROUBLE THERE,GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no problem there abd is certainly not a mad house. Before a match it gets quite busy with people heading to the match and gets a bit busy after a match but certainly no busy than some other places. There's no trouble and its good for some banter. I worked there as a manager a couple of years ago and we never had any issues

There is no problem there abd is certainly not a mad house. Before a match it gets quite busy with people heading to the match and gets a bit busy after a match but certainly no busy than some other places. There's no trouble and its good for some banter. I worked there as a manager a couple of years ago and we never had any issues

been in tonight,good night as usual:):)