TV or monitor for PC use

TVs still rarely have a low enough ms for gaming purposes.

I have one of these 28" full 1080p TV's which cost me £149 in a sale at e-buyer and it has a 5ms response rate:

http://www.hannspree.eu/products/televisions/led/sv-series/sv28lmmb

Its connected by HDMI and is fine for all the modern games I play with a crystal clear display and max setting on a GTX 660ti. TBH I prefer the 16:10 aspect ratio but the only drawback is because its on a HDMI cable from the PC its seen as 16:9. But, its hardly noticeable and not much to worry about.

One thing to consider is that games consoles seem to render fine without much problems using a TV.

I have one of these 28" full 1080p TV's which cost me £149 in a sale at e-buyer and it has a 5ms response rate:

http://www.hannspree.eu/products/televisions/led/sv-series/sv28lmmb

Its connected by HDMI and is fine for all the modern games I play with a crystal clear display and max setting on a GTX 660ti. TBH I prefer the 16:10 aspect ratio but the only drawback is because its on a HDMI cable from the PC its seen as 16:9. But, its hardly noticeable and not much to worry about.

One thing to consider is that games consoles seem to render fine without much problems using a TV.

1920x1080 is 16:9 - which is why it will be seen as 16:9

1680×1050, or 1920×1200 is 16:10 - which you won't get on a TV, as they don't need the extra resolution...

I wouldn't recommend the Polaroid 32" from ASDA, 1080 £170. My son has that one, and if sat closer than 4 foot to the screen you can't make out the text. I'd say just about passable for a kids TV screen really.