In Car CCTV (11 characters)

Do these item have a high theft value? Will somebody smash the windscreen to punch it? Do you hide them away when not in the car? Ta for advice in advance.

Pinch it, I mean

Its totally invisible in my car. You cant see it at all.

Do you mean it wont recognise your camera?

You dont need to plug the camera into your pc. You can just plug them memory card in. Thats where all the data is stored. You dont even need to plug the camera into your pc to change the settings as its all done on the units screen.

My computer doesn't have a slot for one of those small memory cards. So I just plugged in the device into the USB using the cable you get. But it does nothing.

I done all the setting yes Lee. Had to work it out myself as the instructions are Chinese translation :hihi:

The software on the disk is the playback software for watching your saved footage. It shows your your possition on a map using the GPS. If you cant get the software to run you can still watch the files by using something live VLC. Ive used VLC to watch them and it works ok, you just dont get all the GPS map gubbins, just the rae footage of events captured from your camera.

Disk? I didn't get a disk!

-

Do these item have a high theft value? Will somebody smash the windscreen to punch it? Do you hide them away when not in the car? Ta for advice in advance.

Pinch it, I mean

It's very small Pritt, but in any case, you stick a little block thing on the windscreen, then you can just slip it off that. That's what I've done.

For the money, it's well worth it. I'd recommend it. But one with a disk :hihi:

My computer doesn't have a slot for one of those small memory cards. So I just plugged in the device into the USB using the cable you get. But it does nothing.

I done all the setting yes Lee. Had to work it out myself as the instructions are Chinese translation :hihi:

Disk? I didn't get a disk!

-

It's very small Pritt, but in any case, you stick a little block thing on the windscreen, then you can just slip it off that. That's what I've done.

For the money, it's well worth it. I'd recommend it. But one with a disk :hihi:

:hihi::hihi:

Well i can help you there. I can let you have the software. Its about 64mb so its probably too big to email but i can put it on disk and meet you with it if you like?

:hihi::hihi:

Well i can help you there. I can let you have the software. Its about 64mb so its probably too big to email but i can put it on disk and meet you with it if you like?

Yeah great stuff! I wonder why I didn't get a disk though? The box was too small for a start. It was only big enough for the device itself and the cables.

You're miles away otherwise I'd pop round :hihi: Could you post it and I'll find a way of getting you a pint?

Unless any techs know how to transfer a file of that size :huh:

Yeah great stuff! I wonder why I didn't get a disk though? The box was too small for a start. It was only big enough for the device itself and the cables.

You're miles away otherwise I'd pop round :hihi: Could you post it and I'll find a way of getting you a pint?

Unless any techs know how to transfer a file of that size :huh:

Click this link.

http://www.filedropper.com/speedunitmp

Ooooooh look at me.... Im a techi :D:hihi:

Its totally invisible in my car. You cant see it at all.

So let me get this right. Peeps spend $ on this stuff. Car gets nicked and the thieves get even better kit with the car? :(

So let me get this right. Peeps spend $ on this stuff. Car gets nicked and the thieves get even better kit with the car? :(

No, it just clips on and off.

No, it just clips on and off.

So, what's the point of that? If you think the car is going to get nicked - you remove it? :huh::help:

So, what's the point of that? If you think the car is going to get nicked - you remove it? :huh::help:

No it's for driving.

These days people claim for anything. Video evidence would have saved me a heck of a lot of hassle that I'm currently dealing with.

This just switches on when engine on. I just take it off at night.

No it's for driving.

These days people claim for anything. Video evidence would have saved me a heck of a lot of hassle that I'm currently dealing with.

This just switches on when engine on. I just take it off at night.

Ahh Ok, up to speed. If you see a yellow turbo Lada heading your way please turn the thing off. Cheers.

@ Ash

Ive been supplied a firmware update which gives you the option of changing the speed counter from KPH to MPH. Check your menu, if you can already choose MPH then you have the latest version. If you dont then let me know and ill mail you the (tiny) firmware update with instructions on how to apply it.

---------- Post added 20-02-2014 at 12:00 ----------

Ahh Ok, up to speed. If you see a yellow turbo Lada heading your way please turn the thing off. Cheers.

Up to speed?

In a Lada? I doubt that :D

Edited by Lee_