Where is the cheapest S.Y. Fried Chicken?

I'm a computer programmer, and like most computer programmers, my favourite food is Southern Fried Chicken. :cool:

I just can't get enough. I eat loads of it. I'm not talking wings here, but thighs and drumsticks that are southern fried. In my experience, although the recipes vary a little from fryer to fryer, they just can't seem to get the taste wrong. :D

It is delicious! :)

The cheapest place I've found so far is Adnans on West St who sell 5 pieces for £5.50 (£1.10 per piece).

What I want to know is, where is it cheaper? :confused:

Please share, even if I have to buy 20 pieces in one go to get the bargain. Just so you know, at Adnans, 20 pieces would cost me £22. Even if it's the same price, but tastes better. :love:

Please, I need to know! :help:

PS: I would normally get that I need chicken feeling at about this time (It's getting on for 11pm). I'm fishing for an S.F.C happy hour I reckon :)

Edited by nick.taylor
Added PS

I'm a computer programmer, and like most computer programmers, my favourite food is Southern Fried Chicken. :cool:

I just can't get enough. I eat loads of it. I'm not talking wings here, but thighs and drumsticks that are southern fried. In my experience, although the recipes vary a little from fryer to fryer, they just can't seem to get the taste wrong. :D

It is delicious! :)

The cheapest place I've found so far is Adnans on West St who sell 5 pieces for £5.50 (£1.10 per piece).

What I want to know is, where is it cheaper? :confused:

Please share, even if I have to buy 20 pieces in one go to get the bargain. Just so you know, at Adnans, 20 pieces would cost me £22. Even if it's the same price, but tastes better. :love:

Please, I need to know! :help:

PS: I would normally get that I need chicken feeling at about this time (It's getting on for 11pm). I'm fishing for an S.F.C happy hour I reckon :)

Us care managers have a passion for fish-fingers.I actually get withdrawal symptoms if I don't have at least a box of 24 in the freezer.

I hope you get your fix soon. Pm me if you would like me to put a care-package together for you.

The question is would you want to eat the cheapest fried chicken ?

Try the ones on the Wicker. You can choose from leg, wing or paw. :hihi:

The question is would you want to eat the cheapest fried chicken ?

But is it chicken :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Either wicker or london road

Never mind the cheapest - where is the best?

I often have a hankering for fried chicken but never have it as KFC is usually horrid (and staffed by youths I wouldnt trust to be able to wash their hands frankly) and I simply dont trust the hygiene / quality / ethics of the independents as everything seems to be low priced and therefore corners must have been cut.

Every other fast food seems to have had a gentrifying makeover (i.e. you can get decent quality burgers , pizzas and hotdogs all over Sheff now) but the fried chicken market doesn't seem to have joined in.

I want high quality , considerately sourced (i.e. birds that have been allowed to run around a bit) , crispy spicy fried chicken made in a clean establishment with staff I can trust not to poison me.

And I am willing to pay a premium for it.

Maybe there are not enough like me to warrant this?

Never mind the cheapest - where is the best?...

...And I am willing to pay a premium for it.

Maybe there are not enough like me to warrant this?

This thread is about the cheapest fried chicken.

It's all the same. The recipe's might be different, but they aren't going to be dangerous to eat.

Chicken is inherently cheap, and even the worst available has to be good quality, otherwise it would be illegal to sell.

It's unfair of you to accuse the cheapest chicken friers of selling dangerous, or even lower quality chicken. Especially if you're not prepared to test them.

Personally, I haven't had a problem with buying cheaper chicken, and would suggest that your words exist purely to encourage customers to pay more than they need to for food.

If a seller of food sells dangerous food then it should ideally be reported.

The cost of the food is not an indication of it's quality. There are many factors that make the chicken expensive, and they are never the quality of the food.

This thread is about the cheapest fried chicken.

It's all the same. The recipe's might be different, but they aren't going to be dangerous to eat.

Chicken is inherently cheap, and even the worst available has to be good quality, otherwise it would be illegal to sell.

It's unfair of you to accuse the cheapest chicken friers of selling dangerous, or even lower quality chicken. Especially if you're not prepared to test them.

Personally, I haven't had a problem with buying cheaper chicken, and would suggest that your words exist purely to encourage customers to pay more than they need to for food.

If a seller of food sells dangerous food then it should ideally be reported.

The cost of the food is not an indication of it's quality. There are many factors that make the chicken expensive, and they are never the quality of the food.

Well consider your thread hijacked!

Cheap = corners cut .

Anyone remember that gang that was selling contaminated chicken a few years back...?

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2000/dec/22/foodanddrink

Thin you are a little naive if you think this doesn't go on...

Bet you like cheap dobbin burgers too...(neigh!)