Gold & Silver Doc Martens

It was not massively common, i.e. not everyone did it, but I do remember some lads in Silver Doc Martens (normal ones sprayed silver), and also remember someone wearing Loafers sprayed silver as well.

Blades wore Silver

Remember the Blades lads who liked a beer and the occasional fisticuffs singing to the tune of Chuck Berrys my ding a ling

My silver boots

my silver boots

I want you to play with my silver boots :hihi::hihi:

Can remember the coloured Martins,didn't realise they were a club thing,Ox blood on mine 1st pair £4.99 at Colvins,me ma went spare having to fork ou for them,started work a month later and gave her 10bob a week back to calm her down.

I had silver DM's back in the 70's the News of the world did a series on football hooligans and they mentioned that the Blades & Owls fans wore silver or gold boots to identify themselves.

I had a pair painted blue and stenciled red stars on them.Didn't do them silver or gold to be sure there was no sign of affiliation to either club.I can't remember who was silver and who gold.

Mine looked the dogs!!!!!!!!!!

I can't remember who was silver and who gold.

Blades definetly SILVER and thinking back wonder if it was because of the ice rink SILVER BLADES ?????

Blades definetly SILVER and thinking back wonder if it was because of the ice rink SILVER BLADES ?????
You are correct we definitely wore silver.

Blades wore Silver

Remember the Blades lads who liked a beer and the occasional fisticuffs singing to the tune of Chuck Berrys my ding a ling

My silver boots

my silver boots

I want you to play with my silver boots :hihi::hihi:

Rotherham fans wear the silver boots now. Bronze for you lot. :hihi:

No Abbey, I know Blades who had silver DM boots as well as Gold, I don't think the colour meant anything other than it was the era of Glam Rock.

---------- Post added 07-02-2014 at 23:02 ----------

Ox Blood was a dark colour, in the mid 70's there was a polish called "Tonette" which was a lighter colour, very cool!!!

If you used the oxblood coloured polish on a light coloured shoe (eg white, beige, grey, or cream, etc) you could get the most fantastic purple-y-pink-y red colour. I did this a few times on white or cream shoes which had started to look tatty.

sort of think Docs and G.I army boots was the same but dont think the army wanted you to paint your boots you had to grease them didn't want anyone taking a shot at anything shiny