WEST HAM to take legal action over Carroll red card

7 years on and all I see is hypocrisy.

You would ... :roll:

But some of the comments on here ... :gag:

Not one has mentioned Cheato's reaction: brushed on the top of the head yet squealing and holding his face, rolling around ... a real tough Centre-half? Pfft!

That 'simulation' is as bad as diving to gain a penalty IMO ... so, ignoring the fact that it was a player of a club you clearly dislike, have a look at it from ALL sides of a footballing perspective eh?

None of that stops it being worthy of a red card for Carroll.

I think it was a soft sending off but I also think the FA should tell Gold and his taxpayer money grabbing cohorts to do one.

Not enough West Ham are to be provided with a £500million stadium for £15million, but they also get £150million of public money into the bargain to renovate their new home. Which is nice.

Yet West Ham's Karren Brady has the temerity to preach about austerity and cutting public spending at the Tory conference. Bunch of shisters.

You would ... :roll:

Football should be decided on the field,not in court,West Ham said so........except when it's in the interest of West ham for it to be decided in a court....West ham say so.

None of that stops it being worthy of a red card for Carroll.

Really? You thought it warranted a red? :huh:

---------- Post added 07-02-2014 at 10:49 ----------

I think it was a soft sending off but I also think the FA should tell Gold and his taxpayer money grabbing cohorts to do one.

Not enough West Ham are to be provided with a £500million stadium for £15million, but they also get £150million of public money into the bargain to renovate their new home. Which is nice.

Yet West Ham's Karren Brady has the temerity to preach about austerity and cutting public spending at the Tory conference. Bunch of shisters.

Yeah, not a fan of Tory Brady either but the stadium ... well what do you suggest happens to it? Another Don Valley Stadium?

Really? You thought it warranted a red? :huh:

I'm not saying it is or isn't a red, just that none of what you said is important in whether or not it should be a red for Carroll.

Football should be decided on the field,not in court,West Ham said so........except when it's in the interest of West ham for it to be decided in a court....West ham say so.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the 'legal' route either ... but some club :suspect: opened that particular Pandora's Box (AND gained from it) so why not?

Anyhow, decision due today so I may yet see him at Villa tomorrow - not hopeful and I think (despite being a joke red) we should've taken it on the chin and not queried this.

Though if Webb (who I actually like) had ALWAYS used that level of 'consistency' Spain would've been awarded the 2010 WC at H-T due to the Dutch having less than 7 players :P

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26081791

Anyhow, decision due today so I may yet see him at Villa tomorrow

Nope.............

According to the FA, West Ham failed to prove that referee Howard Webb had made "an obvious error" in dismissing the forward, whose arm hit Flores on the top of his head as he tried to untangle himself following an aerial challenge.

Nope.............

According to the FA, West Ham failed to prove that referee Howard Webb had made "an obvious error" in dismissing the forward, whose arm hit Flores on the top of his head as he tried to untangle himself following an aerial challenge.

great result this. hard lines shammers

Nope.............

Well that's that ... they can't have their 'top Ref' as being seen to make an error :suspect: ... I thought as much ... terrible call but no worries - it'll just galvanise us now. :cool:

(though Webb is now on 'The List' ... with Keith Hackett & Kevin Friend) :P

---------- Post added 07-02-2014 at 21:23 ----------

great result this. hard lines hammers

So you condone play-acting to get a player sent off? :huh:

Sickening ... :rolleyes:

The FA are setting a dangerous precedence by backing down here and allowing WHU to throw their weight around with lawyers etc.

Would have been interesting if a lower league club had said the same thing, whether it would have been allowed.

The FA are setting a dangerous precedence by backing down here and allowing WHU to throw their weight around with lawyers etc.

Would have been interesting if a lower league club had said the same thing, whether it would have been allowed.

Well, United threw quite a bit of legal weight around during the Tevez affair. Maybe that created some precedent.

In this case, I think that WHU have done the right thing. Refs get things wrong, any regular match-goer knows that. What we all need is some acknowledgement of that and an acceptance that it will happen. In this case, Carroll looks to have been harshly treated. I'd like to see reviews of simulation too.

Football needs to look to Cricket for a lead here. The Umpire still has the final say on the field, but he isn't assumed to be automatically correct. It is time that football refs were seen as human too.