Crime in Worksop

thinking of moving to worksop.....whats the crime rate like ?

cheers

Worksop is a crime.

Moving there from Sheffield would be. :hihi:

Worksop town centre is quite like Rotherham-but worse !!

I'm working there at the moment and I can say its awful!

Just go in the day and walk around, God knows what its like at night!

Even one of my colleagues who is born and bred there says it a sh%t heap.

Its the kind of place where the people are either obese through sitting about doing nothing and eating crap or are stick thin with no teeth through drug/alchohol abuse

Only redeeming features are its close to Clumber Park and the A1.

You've sold it to me with these comments! I'm off there!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I hope you speak polish!!

It's good for car owners, I have never ever failed to get a parking spot in Worksop regardless of time of year or time of day.

Its the kind of place where the people are either obese through sitting about doing nothing and eating crap or are stick thin with no teeth through drug/alchohol abuse.
Like Sheffield, Rotherham, Doncaster and Barnsley, then :rolleyes:

OP, plenty of good and bad spots in Worksop, just like in any of the above places. Really depends where you're looking to go.

Much nicer than Rotherham, because it was never industrialised to the same extent, so hasn't got this "faded glory/industrial wasteland" feel to it, still has its "small rural market town" feel to it.

Plenty of independent shops (still) and usual franchises (WHS, M&S, Boots, Matalan,<etc.>), the usual supermarkets very close-by (Tesco/Aldi/Sainsbury's/Morrison being built up right now), lots of amenities (pool, parks, brand new multiplex <etc.>) and a decent night venue (I'll take a night out in Worksop anytime over R'ham/Donny, now they are dives...dangerous ones, at that). Clumber park and North Notts countryside 5 minutes away.

Close-by Retford is nicer (still more rural, and more upmarket), but more expensive, about as easily connected to the A1 as Worksop, not as easily connected to the M1/M18. 'Clickier' than Worksop, as well.

Bias disclaimer: over the years, I've lived in North Anston, Rawmarsh and currently live in Worksop (Gateford end).

Edited by L00b

I have lived in Worksop for over 15 years and find it OK. To answer the OP we have never suffered from crime. New cinema opened in the town is a welcome addition. Good gym. Good places to eat. Wherever you are it's quite easy to walk into town.

I think the improvement in the A57 from the M1 will see the 'boundaries' of Sheffield stretch further and more people will look at Worksop as an alternative. House prices are currently acceptable.

Best to buy now.

I have lived in Worksop for over 15 years and find it OK. To answer the OP we have never suffered from crime. New cinema opened in the town is a welcome addition. Good gym. Good places to eat. Wherever you are it's quite easy to walk into town.

I think the improvement in the A57 from the M1 will see the 'boundaries' of Sheffield stretch further and more people will look at Worksop as an alternative. House prices are currently acceptable.

Best to buy now.

Sounds like a great place to live !:suspect: A town with no crime.

Edited by Daven

Ah, good old Sheffield Forum. Hate every other town and city.

Then hate Sheffield (on other threads of course) just for good measure.

Sounds like a great place to live !:suspect: A town with no crime.

The residents are too scared to report crime as the police are run by the Worksop Mafia.