Locals and immigrants on the same table

05/02/14 channel 4 News. Locals and immigrants are sitting on the same table drinking coffee and making contact. A positive effort to learn about each other instead of being scared. David blunket was questioned about the inaccuracy of his previous statements of pagehall being on the brink of war, he answered it was radio Sheffield's fault to make it all sound worse.

It was a few minutes long and focused on the current efforts to move forward positively by making contact and questioned the war like attitudes five months ago.

Of coarse it takes time for things to develop but sitting on the same table together drinking coffee and chatting is a good beginning. At least some people are trying.

http://bcove.me/gdvtu95t

Edited by dutch
added the link

If having a coffee together is big news then yeh theres real problems.

I've heard that the locals have to pay for their coffee but the immigrants get theirs for free

I've heard that the locals have to pay for their coffee but the immigrants get theirs for free

Watching that bit of Asian people who immigrated 20 years ago chatting with new immigrants, looking at each others eyes. Next to one another making a sincere effort to come closer and understand each other trying to overcome language and make a positive contact.

All with the intention of making things better.

My respect, it is a much better and peaceful way to move on.

I watched it and thought what a load of cobblers.

And Blunkett back-tracking on what he said..

Yes, that gives a much more positive picture. Well done to all those taking positive steps in the area.