Anyone out there who worked atOsborne Mushet Tools

Hi, I am looking to contact people who worked at Osborn Mushet on Penistone Road from 1969. I used to work in the wages dept and have been talking to a couple of others who worked there who would be interested in having a get together. If you did, and would be interested please get in touch. mind you I dont know if we would recognise each other after all these years. It would be good though.:hihi::hihi:

I worked at omt from 74 to 83,mainly in heat treatment,Roy turner was my foreman,also remember a young certain Mr elliott

I worked at omt from 74 to 83,mainly in heat treatment,Roy turner was my foreman,also remember a young certain Mr elliott

I think everyone at Mushet in the 70s remembers Mr Elliott. Probably Our biggest claim to fame. I remember Roy Turner. Would you be interested in a bit of a reunion. I have been in contact with Mark Kirby who is in touch with some other who will come. Also Pat Cain who worked on the top floor with Eric Kirby and Don Wallace.

Edited by doyle

My Grandad worked at Osbornes on Rutland Road until the early 70's when he retired. He was a pattern maker. Died in 95 aged 89, other wise I'm sure he'd have loved to come along, he loved a pint.:)

i worked near mushet and used their canteen next to old light horseman pub.damm good subsidised meal,and nobody questioned where we worked.

my brother in law worked there roy burnard but as sadley passed away some years ago

Sorry to hear Roy has passed away,worked in same dept as Roy,and had a few good nights in walkley club with his family ,must be 36/38 years ago,he,s on some of our wedding photos

I always thought that the wages dept. was located somewhere in offices in the Wicker? Could be mistaken.

Might have been for osbornes on rutland rd and the wicker,but mushets wage debt was behind the frontage,or new factory as we used to call it

---------- Post added 09-02-2014 at 18:23 ----------

i worked near mushet and used their canteen next to old light horseman pub.damm good subsidised meal,and nobody questioned where we worked.

Mushets canteen was on the top floor of the building across the road from the old light horseman,

Tom Miller would like to see son again Billy:thumbsup:

I worked at Mushet from 1971 till 1986. Initially worked with Pauline Bennett in the machine room on the top floor of the office block, then moved to the wages about 1973, first partime when the 3 day week came in, then eventually full time. That was in the days when Joyce Evans was in charge. Remember a girl called Hazel worked in wages as did Audrey Greaves (who is still going strong at 82!!) Still keep in touch with Audrey. Lynne Hindmarch also worked in wages. Am friends with her on facebook. There was also Betty Sargent and Liz Maday. Liz took over from Joyce Evans when she died. Have been trying to find Julie Rogers as well, but can't seem to trace her. My name in those days was Cath Short. They were the good old days

My parents met at Osbornes, Ian Bufton and Karen West. Dad was and still is an engineer, mum was on the switchboard.