Kevin Pietersens England career over

The colourfull 10 year career of KP seems to have closed.A love or hate figure KP certainly loved to entertain,and brought us some superb and some stupid performances,one second he could be hitting sixes out of the ground,the next down the fielders throat.

But no more,the disaster down under has claimed another victim and the ECB have told KP he no longers figures in their plans.

Thanks for the memories KP,its been a memorable career.

It's all very wrong. He's still our best bat and without trott, cook in awful form, bell patchy and an opener short we've no experience. But shouldn't the new coach (who hasn't even been chosen yet) have a say? ECB needs to supply a few more details.

he was one of the best batsmen ever to put on an england shirt - sometimes one of the daftest and, by some accounts, one of the most disruptive in the changing room

on form he could change the direction of a match single-handedly - few cricketers have that ability

Rather get rid of Cook, his captaincy is poor and his batting against Australia left a lot to be desired.

On his day he was brilliant,trouble is they're few and far between.

On his day he was brilliant,trouble is they're few and far between.

Disagree.

Here are some stats to back my opinion.

He's probably the greatest bastman ever to play for England. He must have been seriously disruptive to get dumped at such a young age.

I suspect that we won't have seen the last of him. He has the talent to make himself difficult to ignore, if he applies himself in domestic matches.

I was really excited to go and see him play against Sri Lanka some years ago, he went out for 5 or 6 if I recall well. As pointed out, he is one of those marmite players, I still have massive respect for what he achieved, although he should of course have chosen to represent the Orange ;)

I think he will now get a nice pay-packet in the IPL and then call it a day.

Disagree.

Here are some stats to back my opinion.

He's probably the greatest bastman ever to play for England. He must have been seriously disruptive to get dumped at such a young age.

I suspect that we won't have seen the last of him. He has the talent to make himself difficult to ignore, if he applies himself in domestic matches.

Sorry about that meant last year or so,shows how good in his early days.

I think ultimately he just didn't fit into the little senior circle of Cook/Broad/Prior/Swann/Flower and it caused too much bad blood in the dressing room a long time ago.

It's disgusting really that he has been given the boot. As previously mentioned in this thread he is one of the few remaining senior batsmen that isn't miserably out of form. It's just a case of his face doesn't fit amongst the seniors but I can assure you that the younger players look up to him far more than most and he's surely a big asset to the team for that reason also.

Prior should not get his place back - I think he would be probably the 4th choice keeper in my opinion. He is awful under pressure, gets the bulk of his runs when there are already a bucket load on the scoreboard. I hope Jos Buttler gets the job full time for many years to come.

Morgan has a great opportunity to fill that middle order slot - a strong cricket brain (could easily see him being captain), great under pressure, seemingly improving still, knows how to control the flow of runs (scores quickly but also very good at steadying a usually sinking ship thanks to the top order) and has the respect of the players.

Cook is a terrible captain, I just don't think he has peoples respect as a man, only as a batsman. Leave him to focus on his batting and find his form as he is a fantastic opening batsman. Very consistent when in form.

I'd like to see players like Lumb/Bopara/Wright all removed from the one-day/T20 squads once and for all. Stokes/Bairstow/Buttler all have huge futures.

A player I would like to see in the limited overs games is the young Jason Roy who plays for Surrey - He is a huge talent and I can certainly see him with a big future at international level.

I think ultimately he just didn't fit into the little senior circle of Cook/Broad/Prior/Swann/Flower and it caused too much bad blood in the dressing room a long time ago.

It's disgusting really that he has been given the boot. As previously mentioned in this thread he is one of the few remaining senior batsmen that isn't miserably out of form. It's just a case of his face doesn't fit amongst the seniors but I can assure you that the younger players look up to him far more than most and he's surely a big asset to the team for that reason also.

Prior should not get his place back - I think he would be probably the 4th choice keeper in my opinion. He is awful under pressure, gets the bulk of his runs when there are already a bucket load on the scoreboard. I hope Jos Buttler gets the job full time for many years to come.

Morgan has a great opportunity to fill that middle order slot - a strong cricket brain (could easily see him being captain), great under pressure, seemingly improving still, knows how to control the flow of runs (scores quickly but also very good at steadying a usually sinking ship thanks to the top order) and has the respect of the players.

Cook is a terrible captain, I just don't think he has peoples respect as a man, only as a batsman. Leave him to focus on his batting and find his form as he is a fantastic opening batsman. Very consistent when in form.

I'd like to see players like Lumb/Bopara/Wright all removed from the one-day/T20 squads once and for all. Stokes/Bairstow/Buttler all have huge futures.

A player I would like to see in the limited overs games is the young Jason Roy who plays for Surrey - He is a huge talent and I can certainly see him with a big future at international level.

I'm not sure how much prior had to do with it. I'm not sure, having listened to a bit of tuffers and Vaughan last night, how much cook had to do with it. He doesn't seemed to have done a deal wrong and played no more daft shots than cook or bell - there's just more noise when he does. If it is for "cricketing" reasons and "going forward" Anderson and prior need to go as well. They are getting on and were both shocking in aus.

It's a pr disaster for the ecb, and England are a worse side for ditching him. We are going to lose the 5 match Odis and get knocked out early doors in the 20/20 World Cup. Pray for a cold summer or we'll get turned over by Sri Lanka. India will beat us easily. Not all of this is down to kp leaving, it's part of a far bigger problem (crap captain, no opener or number 3 and 4, no spinner, untested wicket keeper if prior isn't back on form etc etc etc etc).

There are some very dark days on the horizon for English cricket.