Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Honeymoon - 6/10 - Decent horror about a couple on honeymoon would you believe.

True Grit (2010) - 7.5/10 - Fantastic remake thats based more on the original novel than Waynes version, great acting and it looks the part.

Ghostbusters:

Let's just say this in its favour: It shows how good the original was

4/10

The Wailing (Goksung in Korean) 9/10

I am a huge South Korean movie fan- this one is a supernatural/thriller that will leave you scratching your head, as there are so many conclusions that can be drawn in the end.

Hope a similar movie fan on here will watch (or has seen it) that may want to offer their feedback.

The movie will grip you from start to finish and at times you will wonder 'what the hell is happening' but the experience of watching this will last for longer!

Just watched it. A 9/10 from me too. Starts out a bit like Memories of Murder but then the Korean supernatural elements start creeping in and from that point on it just gets darker and darker and the story keeps you guessing as to where it's going.

I'm a fan of Na Hong-jin previous films, 'The Chaser' and 'The Yellow Sea' and this is a quite different subject matter but done really well.

Just watched it. A 9/10 from me too. Starts out a bit like Memories of Murder but then the Korean supernatural elements start creeping in and from that point on it just gets darker and darker and the story keeps you guessing as to where it's going.

I'm a fan of Na Hong-jin previous films, 'The Chaser' and 'The Yellow Sea' and this is a quite different subject matter but done really well.

Good to hear from a fan of Na Hong/Korean films!

I also saw Memories of Murder and the others you mention- great films.

The Wailing was a slight change from the director, but as you say, the movie does go in to darker areas (and hence the subjective ending).

Minions. Awful. I might have smirked twice and didn't laugh once. Sandra bullock sounded like she was doing something else more interesting (and with that script, who would blame her). I guess the closest thing I could compare it to would be watching a box set of teletubbies with (a fairly decent) 60s compilation cd in the background. 2/10

No Country for Old Men.

6/10

Meh. Great photography, great performances, great characters. But none of it really knitted together for me - just a series of compelling vignettes.

Very true to the book, which a)surprises me and b)disappoints me because the Cohen brothers tend to play fast and loose, and sometimes don't even read the book they are 'basing' their film on (if indeed that is what they are doing in some films.)

I last saw the movie "clash of the titans" (1981) recorded off analogue cable in the 80s on VHS :)

EXCELLENT MOVIE..... MUCH BETTER THAN THAT REMADE PIECE OF CRAP IN 2010!!

The Man from UNCLE.

Never before have I seen a film that was so satisfied with itself. This wouldn't be so bad but it contains not one iota of originality in it's entire plot. A complete waste of time.

The Man from UNCLE.

Never before have I seen a film that was so satisfied with itself. This wouldn't be so bad but it contains not one iota of originality in it's entire plot. A complete waste of time.

Funnily enough I watched this last night. I quite liked it, some nice period touches here and there (albeit certain things were missing - nobody smoked!!). The plot was hardly challenging though, I'd agree with you there. A rare thing for me to say but I reckon a sequal would be better now the ground work is done but with most of the leads set for bigger things I doubt it will happen. A glossy 6.5/10.

Funnily enough I watched this last night. I quite liked it, some nice period touches here and there (albeit certain things were missing - nobody smoked!!). The plot was hardly challenging though, I'd agree with you there. A rare thing for me to say but I reckon a sequal would be better now the ground work is done but with most of the leads set for bigger things I doubt it will happen. A glossy 6.5/10.

I will say one thing; it's better than The A Team. The A Team is one of the few films I have got so bored with that I have turned it off rather than seeing through. This was with only about 25 minutes to go as well. It was that un-captivating. I wasn't in the UK at the time, I was overseas on business and it was the only thing being broadcast in English. It wasn't particularly late and I wasn't even slightly tired but I actually went to bed rather than stay up to watch the end despite there been nothing else I could watch and understand and me having little desire to sleep. Truly awful. IMHO of course!

But, I do like both Charlie's Angels films.

Watched The Commitments for the first time in many years, and it is still hilarious, with a fantastic soundtrack :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jason Bourne.....4/10. It felt like one long promo from Wikileaks. Car chase at the end was about the best bit. The most annoying thing was the main characters knew about all the mega surveillance everywhere but continued to mooch about looking just like Parsons & Bourne. :loopy: