Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Watched Deadpool at the weekend..

Very funny and action packed, loved it 9/10

The Meddler: 9/10. Susan Sarandon is superb in what could easily have been just a series of embarrassing scenarios- she makes her character very real.

Central Intelligence: 6/10. Not nearly as cheesy as I'd expected.

Absolutely Fabulous: 2.5/10. Don't believe its title. It's almost entirely dross, interspersed with cameos of so-called 'Celebrities' (mostly walking-on, delivering a couple of lines, and walking-off to pick up their fees).

Barry Lyndon - 6/10 - The runt of the litter of Stanley Kubricks films is a sprawling period drama based on Thackerey's novel, it looks magnificent but is a little too ponderous to really engage.

Allegiant -4/10

Watch-able once but that's about it as its mainly a load of nonsense and not much of a follow on from the first, and also set up for another to follow. Yet another Hollywood film that cant even get the DNA helix the right way round, its a right handed spiral not left!

Dark Places: 5/10

Apparently this Charlize Theron movie is based upon a popular novel. I just hope the movie version introduced the really silly plot twists.

The Visit: 7/10

2 children who've never met their Grandparents go to stay with them for a week, but all isnt what it seems...

I enjoyed it.

---------- Post added 17-07-2016 at 02:52 ----------

AdULTHOOD: 8/10

Really gritty, violent and actually quite sad. Scary to think that that way of life is a reality for some people.

Noel Clark is a great actor, but he also wrote and directed this.

Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films : 8/10

Very entertaining documentary about the Cannon Films movie studio, the makers of just about every terrible, outrageous, schlocky guilty pleasure of a film to be made in the 1980s... especially if it starred Chuck Norris... and the occasional cult hit. Basically 2 hours of everyone who ever worked on their movies having a laugh about how bad they were.

Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films : 8/10

Very entertaining documentary about the Cannon Films movie studio, the makers of just about every terrible, outrageous, schlocky guilty pleasure of a film to be made in the 1980s... especially if it starred Chuck Norris... and the occasional cult hit. Basically 2 hours of everyone who ever worked on their movies having a laugh about how bad they were.

I really enjoyed this, two chancers who ran a film studio and largely got away with it.

City of God.

First time I had seen it.

A strong 8/10. Engrossing.

Breakdown. 8/10

I was surprised that I enjoyed this as much as I did. Normally I don't like action films, well modern ones anyway, as they tend to be excuses for showing pyrotechnics, explosions and lots of machismo from actors that like to show off their perfect bodies too much. Breakdown stars Kurt Russell who does a brilliant job of playing a man frantically searching for his missing wife in red neck America. It had me on the edge of my seat!

If you liked Spielberg's Duel, which it reminded me a bit of, you'll like Breakdown.

Edited by Mister M

City of God.

First time I had seen it.

A strong 8/10. Engrossing.

I recommend the 'sequel' to you, City of Men.

Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation. A bit like the others only Tom cruise looked older with a slightly puffy face. Not a bad watch. 7/10