Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

19 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

Yeah seen them both but not for a while

I might watch Kalifornia tonight....good movie

We watched Cape Fear (8/10) a few weeks ago

Its sooooooo good

Never been able to take 'Cape Fear' seriously since......

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=HMS+Pinefore+-+The+Simpsons&&view=detail&mid=821D20C3E511F7586307821D20C3E511F7586307&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3DHMS%2BPinefore%2B-%2BThe%2BSimpsons%26FORM%3DHDRSC3

The Courier - 7/10

Benedict Cumberbatch plays Greville Wynne, the businessman recruited by the CIA and MI6 to travel to Moscow and become a courier for Oleg Penkovsky, the KGB Colonel who decided to betray the Soviet Union and pass information to the West in the hope of preventing nuclear war in the years prior to the Cuban Missile Crisis.

32 minutes ago, Funky_Gibbon said:

The Courier - 7/10

Benedict Cumberbatch plays Greville Wynne, the businessman recruited by the CIA and MI6 to travel to Moscow and become a courier for Oleg Penkovsky, the KGB Colonel who decided to betray the Soviet Union and pass information to the West in the hope of preventing nuclear war in the years prior to the Cuban Missile Crisis.

I also watched this tonight and would agree with your score, its a decent enough watch.

On 13/02/2022 at 23:17, Jack Grey said:

Nightmare Alley - 6/10

Beautifully shot neo-noir style, great direction from Guillermo del Toro and awesome performances.

Unfortunately, way too long and it was boring in many parts.

Ending was great but it didn't make up for how much of a slog it was in said parts.

6/10 for me too.

Largely agree with this apart from it being boring. It never bored me but the protagonist is just too unlikeable (deliberately, great performance by Bradley Cooper) to make it a film that I can say I really enjoyed. Could definitely have done with being 20 minutes shorter.

Just watched (again) what I consider to be one of the best films ever made , The Magnificent Seven ,  faultless . 10/10 . Would have scored it higher but you cant 

36 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Just watched (again) what I consider to be one of the best films ever made , The Magnificent Seven ,  faultless . 10/10 . Would have scored it higher but you cant 

I concur. A genuine classic. I scoff at those who insist the Japanese original was better.

White Boy Rick, 8/10, true tale of a young white guy who sells drugs and becomes youngest ever FBI informant in mid 80s detroit. Matthew McConaughey plays his dad. Gritty, and McConaughey is excellent as usual.

American Assassin, 7/10, not completely mindless action thing, Americans, special operatives, Michael Keaton. Based on a very mediocre series of books. Perfect for a rainy Sunday hungover afternoon.

Edited by Bargepole23

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2022, 7/10 

7/10 just for  Leatherface in the bus full of "influencers" :D 

Genius idea,  level of insanity that is missing in todays horror movies 

Escape from Mogadishu - 6.5/10

South Korean film based on the true story of how the staff of the North and South Korean embassies had to put aside the suspicion and hostility between the two countries and work to together in order to get to safety as the Somalia civil war erupts around them. It's not going to win any awards for subtlety but the action is good and there are a few good laughs.

The Desperate Hour . If you like  60 minutes of seeing a woman running through woods  talking on her phone and 20 minutes of next to nothing  , then this is for you .  For me 3/10 and thats because I never have to watch it again .

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

The Desperate Hour . If you like  60 minutes of seeing a woman running through woods  talking on her phone and 20 minutes of next to nothing  , then this is for you .  For me 3/10 and thats because I never have to watch it again .

Just for a moment Hackey, you got me excited..