Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

1 hour ago, Bargepole23 said:

Same. Unlike you I CBA to watch it again though. Not entertaining enough to make the effort.

And i have to watch all Christopher Nolan movies with the subtitles on because i cant hear what anyone is saying 😬

On 10/02/2022 at 15:48, Jack Grey said:

I watched Tenet last night.....its visually incredible but i'll only give it a 6 out of 10

It was the second time ive watched it and it still gives me a headache

Ive watched hundreds if not thousands of movies and its got to be the only movie where i still have no idea whats going on

giphy.gif

I really tried to focus on this film but it totally lost me about a quarter of the way in, I just sat back and enjoyed the spectacle after that lol

On 10/02/2022 at 15:48, Jack Grey said:

I watched Tenet last night.....its visually incredible but i'll only give it a 6 out of 10

It was the second time ive watched it and it still gives me a headache

Ive watched hundreds if not thousands of movies and its got to be the only movie where i still have no idea whats going on

I deleted that movie after 20 min. 

Last night, a bit of good old fashioned nostalgia.

"The Pit And The Pendulum"

Creepy music, thunderstorm, and waves smashing on to rocks.

And of course the one and only Vincent Price.

No sub titles needed.

I'll give it 10/10 just for taking me back.

Arctic void (2022) (Her choice again :lol: )

A VOID would be a better title.

Shame, because the idea is good.

Mysterious happening in the Artic, people disappearing, abandoned boat, abandoned town and then something all to common lately, the film just ends :huh:.

As daft as it sounds it was quite watchable, and the reasoning to the disappearances is explained,

but has to be a low 2/10 for the none ending :mad: .

On 09/02/2022 at 13:05, cressida said:

The Ghost and Mrs Muir  -   8/10

An old classic. The direction and dialogue dates it horrifically, but always an enjoyable watch.

Kenneth Branagh's new version of 'Death On The Nile'.

It's a tale familiar with many millions of readers/viewers. Knowing why the murders take place and who the victims will be is a given, so the ultimate job of any director is to give it spin. The ending can't be changed as Christie's estate wouldn't allow that. Mr Branagh, a masterful actor himself, understands perfectly about nuance, subtle direction, story-pacing and lighting. What you see isn't so much a film as a piece of art. In one scene Poirot and his companion Bouc are questioning a suspect. They slowly circle him. Me, as a viewer 2,456 miles away, started getting dizzy - and I was sitting down! A wonderfully unsettling scene. 

..........and through it all you have how the movie is mic'd up. Echoes, underlaying sounds of a boat's engine, soft wind blowing through Egyptian temples, distant ibis calls.... All in wonderful (Cineworld) surround-sound. You ARE there.

Finally, a nod to the soundtrack. Sophie Okonedo does a convincing miming to Sister Rosetta Tharpe. Wonderful old blues, suited to the period.

Can't wait to see it again, so it's a clear 10 from the beloved & I. I'd never offer one-word summations for any film, but if I did, for this one, it would be: 'intriguing'. 

6nX6tI7.jpg

Edited by wearysmith

On 12/02/2022 at 10:32, Padders said:

... And of course the one and only Vincent Price. ...

OT, but if you have a look on YouTube (or have a bit of a google) you'll find an excellent radio series from the 70s called The Price of Fear.  Lots of tales with either Price as the narrator or actively involved in the story.  Two of the best: The Ninth Removal (I could never quite work out what to make of the ending to that one) and Come As You Are.  Beware though, as a couple of them are very disturbing.

ETA: Here you go.

Edited by Guest

BigBug (2022)

French Si Fi comedy.

This is a prime example why I hate 'Trailers'.

In theory the film looks like it has every thing.

Set in the future, robots go haywire trapping 3 households in an apartment.

Some naughtiness, and funny moments but the actual film is hardly worth bothering with.

Watch the trailer & then fast forward the film itself to the last 10 minutes save yer self some time 🤣.

3/10 for kookyness :roll: 

Raging Fire - 5.5/10

Hong Kong action crime film starring Donnie Yen which steals a lot of the plot and specific scenes from 'Heat', plus some music from 'The Untouchables' that took me right out of the movie every time it showed up.

Basically it's a a bunch of cops trying to take down a highly skilled crew of criminals.

Nightmare Alley - 6/10

Beautifully shot neo-noir style, great direction from Guillermo del Toro and awesome performances.

Unfortunately, way too long and it was boring in many parts.

Ending was great but it didn't make up for how much of a slog it was in said parts.

MV5BOTI4NDhhNGEtZjQxZC00ZTRmLThmZTctOGJm

Edited by Jack Grey