Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Arctic....8/10 Mads Mikkelson stranded in the Arctic trying to get himself and another to rescue

Another vote here for The Unforgivable, excellent work by Sandra Bullock.

Edited by Bargepole23

Last train to Christmas  2/10  (2021) 🎅

forget the hype - should be re named, Last train to 'Is it over yet'. 👎

Absolute dire, worst 'Christmas film ever' 

(We haven't watched Clifford the big red dog yet).

Michael Sheen plays, Tony Towers a successful entrepreneur, who's flash-backs (& forwards) while on a train journey, encounters scenarios of how his life might have been / could be. 

Sounds familiar? of course it does, its 'a Christmas Carol' & a 'Wonderful world' mixed up into a fully forgettable load of nonsense. 

The cast is good, and the story is, but the thing just doesn't keep you interested enough to be bothered (& its just not funny).

I'm not going to mention Covid & how difficult it must be for the film industry.

But come-on, you go to work, you take pride in your job, you've achieved something.

Obviously this is not a trait required in the 'film industry' at the moment.

Nice to see Hayley Mills cameo (no that's not a euphemism :blush:).

Keep safe out there 8) 

& may your baubles be entwined with tinsel 🥴.

I've just switched off 'Love Actually'  more like lust actually,  too slow and disjointed,  Liam Neeson was scarcely in it.

I'll be kind and rate it 7/10

22 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Last train to Christmas  2/10  (2021) 🎅

forget the hype - should be re named, Last train to 'Is it over yet'. 👎

Absolute dire, worst 'Christmas film ever' 

(We haven't watched Clifford the big red dog yet).

Michael Sheen plays, Tony Towers a successful entrepreneur, who's flash-backs (& forwards) while on a train journey, encounters scenarios of how his life might have been / could be. 

Sounds familiar? of course it does, its 'a Christmas Carol' & a 'Wonderful world' mixed up into a fully forgettable load of nonsense. 

The cast is good, and the story is, but the thing just doesn't keep you interested enough to be bothered (& its just not funny).

I'm not going to mention Covid & how difficult it must be for the film industry.

But come-on, you go to work, you take pride in your job, you've achieved something.

Obviously this is not a trait required in the 'film industry' at the moment.

Nice to see Hayley Mills cameo (no that's not a euphemism :blush:).

Keep safe out there 8) 

& may your baubles be entwined with tinsel 🥴.

Yeah. The 'Siding Doors' concepts works well in some movies, but it missed the mark here for me too. Enjoyed the nod to the late Mick Ronson though.

(You wanna complain? I have to take the other set of g-kids to see 'Clifford'. No man should have to sit through that twice. Good job I love them) 

1 hour ago, wearysmith said:

Yeah. The 'Siding Doors' concepts works well in some movies, but it missed the mark here for me too. Enjoyed the nod to the late Mick Ronson though.

(You wanna complain? I have to take the other set of g-kids to see 'Clifford'. No man should have to sit through that twice. Good job I love them) 

You don't have to take them to see 'Clifford', convince them they'd have more fun with a kite & take em on't Bolehills :hihi:.

Job done, and saves you any further agony 🙃.

SAS Red Notice (2021)

Must be the year of the poor film, 2021.

All action SAS / Mercenary / Terrorist / Rat a tat tat / Comedy - ? Comedy ????

Yep! described as an American Action Comedy  ?

Disenchanted ex SAS members hijack the euro train, demand money & retribution - you yawning yet?

You will be.

I'm sure, laying waste to villages with flame throwers and shooting people in the head probably does rate as having 'Comedic' value to our cousins over the sea ???????? :huh:

4/10  tops.

Nice to see Anne Reid cameo (no that's not a euphemism :blush:)

Have to keep these old actors in gin tokens during the pandemic, don't we? :hihi:.

Keep safe out there 8).

3 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

You don't have to take them to see 'Clifford', convince them they'd have more fun with a kite & take em on't Bolehills :hihi:.

Job done, and saves you any further agony 🙃.

Cripes man - I haven't been on the Bolehills since going sledging there in the 60s! My sister still goes though. Dogsh*t Hill she calls it as you're constantly winding your way around piles of it.

(I HAVE to take them to 'Clifford' as they know that I took the others last week. They were keen to share that news. Nobody can grass you up like a grandchild.)

The Matrix: Resurrections - 3/10

What was the point of this? My expectations were low going in and it still failed to reach that low bar. They actually joke in the movie about how nobody wanted them to make part 4 and they were forced to by the studio... I think it may have been a cry for help from the writers more than anything else.

Avengement   6/10

If you like endless prison and pub brawls, barely coherent 'English' and repeating of the F word.. then you're in for a treat.

Scott Adkins shows of his fighting skills with plenty of bone crunching, bone breaking, blood splattering violence as he goes on a mission to sort out a few people who put him in prison.

Mr Jones - 8/10

Historical drama about how Welsh journalist Gareth Jones travelled to Moscow and then, losing his Soviet minders, sneaked into Ukraine to become the first person to report on the truth behind Stalin's 'economic miracle'; the deliberate starvation of millions of Ukrainian people in a man-made famine created by the Soviet regime.

1 hour ago, Funky_Gibbon said:

Mr Jones - 8/10

Historical drama about how Welsh journalist Gareth Jones travelled to Moscow and then, losing his Soviet minders, sneaked into Ukraine to become the first person to report on the truth behind Stalin's 'economic miracle'; the deliberate starvation of millions of Ukrainian people in a man-made famine created by the Soviet regime.

Excellent choice Funky.

Watched it a while ago, well worth 8/10..

Have a good Christmas 🎅

On 23/12/2021 at 10:59, Funky_Gibbon said:

The Matrix: Resurrections - 3/10

What was the point of this? My expectations were low going in and it still failed to reach that low bar. They actually joke in the movie about how nobody wanted them to make part 4 and they were forced to by the studio... I think it may have been a cry for help from the writers more than anything else.

I'm gonna watch this for the sake of it.

I'm not a Matrix fan (the first film went over my head and I don't think I ever watched the sequels) but I'm a big John Wick fangirl 😍

On 13/12/2021 at 16:49, wearysmith said:

(However....as bad as it was, it was oceans better than the other film I had to sit through yesterday: 'Clifford The Big Red Dog')

Captured in a moment of weakness (just after eating yesterdays leftovers) and unable to move.

HTSBO or HerThatShouldKnowBetter forced me to watch 'Clifford the big red dog'.

I was doing fine up to the long necked hyena ✔️but lost interest after the chicken fainted :huh:.

As if the film wasn't bad enough, the political rant near the end  was just too groan worthy for words :suspect: 🥴 :suspect:.  2/10.

I was warned :bigsmile:.

Keep safe out there 8) .

Edited by Rockers rule
Spelling Ooop's