Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Right , after listening to you crazy kids , me and the good lady settled down to watch The Unforgivable  last night . Many thanks to all who recommended this .  It actually is not really my cup of tea but really enjoyed this . 9/10

2 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

DON'T DO IT - DON'T DO IT - DON'T DO IT.

Antlers (2021) -------- 0/10 ------    Worse film of the year ????????

(HTSBO choice) 

Small town.

Don't go down the cellar, don't go in the barn, don't go down the mine, don't go in the woods (unless your alone) nonsense.

A human flesh eating, throw back to an old Indian (Native American) legend, is on the loose, & he's out for blood, so what better thing to do?  ----  all of the above -----.

Keri Russell (the more than excellent - the Americans) is scraping the barrel,  playing the small town's Sherriff's (teacher) sister, who's moved back to the family home, who  inadvertently lets 'the Beast out' (no comment :blush:)!

I'm tempted to revise my score to 1/10 solely for the appearance of Amy Madigan (ok she gets killed no sooner than she appears) 

Amy, played 'Mc coy' the female bounty hunter in probably one of the best films of the 1980's - Streets of Fire👍🚔 🏍️🏍️.

(Well it is if your into motorcycles, car's, music & mayhem :suspect:

Jesse Phemons - (Submarine Kaptain in Jungle Cruise - and still looks like Benny Hill) plays the Sheriff 

Child actor - Jeremy T Thomas takes the impoverished look to another level,  plays the monsters brother. 

So that's it - 1/10 and i'm off to find 'Streets of fire' on't magic box.

Keep safe & its my choice next 8) 🎅

You can have some bonus points for mentioning Streets of Fire , cracking little film  :thumbsup:

Villain, 2020 ,7/10

I mean.. you gotta love this guy, Craig Fairbrass. He isn't top tier actor, but when it comes to role of the violent, short fused guy with lots of f and c words, he is top notch. 

21 hours ago, croat77 said:

Villain, 2020 ,7/10

I mean.. you gotta love this guy, Craig Fairbrass. He isn't top tier actor, but when it comes to role of the violent, short fused guy with lots of f and c words, he is top notch. 

Is it BAFTA material?

On 14/12/2021 at 18:50, prince al said:

The power of the dog. 6/10. 

The film is far too slow for me,  Cumberbatch= Boring,   😴

Mentioned it yesterday, watched it today 8).

Streets of Fire (1984),  9/10 

Actually better than I remembered.

Harley Davidson's. 50's / 60's American cars. Strange mixture of Rock 'n' Roll / Do Wop & 80's new romantic (?) music.

Add, the rumble of V8 engine, quiff's, DA's, turned up jeans,  leather jackets, pencil skirts, pinched waists & proper ladies fashions in abundance, what's not to like? 

Story wise, Boy rescues girl, Boy fights gang & in the meantime Boy shoots the place up doing it.

(Strange how Harleys change into trail bikes when they crash & burst into flames :huh: :bigsmile:).

The constant drum beat, action and atmosphere of squalor make the film, and if anything give it a Feel Good Factor. 

Not sure who had the idea of dressing William Dafoe in a pair of shiny black  plastic dungarees (minus his shirt) :suspect: but they must have had some quirky idea of humour (glad, it never took off as a fashion statement though!🥴).

Fully enjoyed my little trip back in time ✔️.

I'm now off to find,

'The Warriors (1979)  (Warriors come out to play-ee)

The Wanderers (1979) (looks like we're gonna have to find some shorter twine)

and probably one of the best Rock 'n' Roll musical ever -

('Cry-baby' 1990) (Woo-wee, you caught me in my birthday suit, butt-naked) - Iggy Pop :gag::wow::shocked:.

Keep safe, nostalgia is exactly what it was - Enjoy 8).

11 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Harley Davidson's. 50's / 60's American cars. Strange mixture of Rock 'n' Roll / Do Wop & 80's new romantic (?) music.

Add, the rumble of V8 engine, quiff's, DA's, turned up jeans,  leather jackets, pencil skirts, pinched waists & proper ladies fashions in abundance, what's not to like? 

Story wise, Boy rescues girl, Boy fights gang & in the meantime Boy shoots the place up doing it.

(Strange how Harleys change into trail bikes when they crash & burst into flames :huh: :bigsmile:).

The constant drum beat, action and atmosphere of squalor make the film, and if anything give it a Feel Good Factor. 

Not sure who had the idea of dressing William Dafoe in a pair of shiny black  plastic dungarees (minus his shirt) :suspect: but they must have had some quirky idea of humour (glad, it never took off as a fashion statement though!🥴).

I'm now off to find,

('Cry-baby' 1990) (Woo-wee, you caught me in my birthday suit, butt-naked) - Iggy Pop :gag::wow::shocked:.

Sounds like my type of film Rocker......

I'm not one for watching films, but, I've managed to find it on Netflix (clever me)

Will watch it in the near future.

21 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

I'm now off to find,

More bonus points awarded for The Wanderers   " I never did it with anyones daughter" . 

13 hours ago, hackey lad said:

More bonus points awarded for The Wanderers   " I never did it with anyones daughter" . 

The scene with the twine and bricks, has to be, one of the biggest, eye watering, moments, in cinema history 🥴 (for us blokes) 😵.

Keep safe 8) 

22 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

The film is far too slow for me,  Cumberbatch= Boring,   😴

Yes, I wondered when it was going to start. Pedestrian.

On 31/08/2021 at 00:14, Funky_Gibbon said:

The Vault - 6.5/10

(Amazon Prime)

Heist movie about a treasure hunter who hires from young genius to figure out the secret defences of the most secure bank vault in the world so he can break into it during the 2010 World Cup.

As above, 'The Vault'.

Mixture of Dan Brown intrigue and 'Money Heist'.

Didn't keep me that  interested, hopefully there isn't another one.

6/10.

Keep safe 8)

9/10

A game-changer. Or, more importantly, a game-resetter. 

The positives, and there's a lot of them, major appearances from actors previously playing the role; Andrew Garfield and Toby Maguire. All villains from their films also return. A marvellous (ouch!) treat for long-time supporters of the character. I've been a Spiderman fan since 1965 when I got my first Spidey comic off a rack in a newsagents on Crookes. Instantly smitten, so every Spiderman movie that comes out I'm the guy sat there saying "Go ahead....impress me...". Not revealing too much (spoilers), but anyone with more than a passing interest should dig it. There's the usual Marvel pathos of death and redemption. Wouldn't be a Marvel film without those immovable driving forces. Great power always comes with great responsibility - and mortality.

Misses a point because......well, that's it for the regular cast. I'd began to warm to the waaaayyyy too young M.J and the (meant to be?) annoying best friend Ned. Marvel's cleared the decks and I'm saddened by that. Oh, and the cameo from Matt Murdock (not his Daredevil alter ego) is too damn short.

325XlJr.jpg

Edited by wearysmith

1 hour ago, wearysmith said:

9/10

A game-changer. Or, more importantly, a game-resetter.

You really, really, really need to put all of that in  <spoiler> tags.

You've just away given the entire story . . . thanks for nothing.