Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

16 hours ago, Anna B said:

'It's a Wonderful Life' with James Stewart, circa 1947, and one of the best films ever made about what's important in life.

Banned in America when it first came out believe it or not. 

Brilliant film, still relevent today. Makes me cry every time I see it. especially at Christmas.

10/10

All time best for me.

26 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

I watched Unforgivable last night and it was very good.  
It’s a 10/10  for me to.

I think its one of Sandra Bullocks best films. 

On 12/12/2021 at 11:22, Rockers rule said:

Wrath of man.

Pet hate, your watching something, just getting into it - & - writing comes up -

ONE YEAR EARLIER  / 5 MONTHS EARLIER / 2 DAYS AGO.

'Wrath of man' took these interludes back and forth way too many times.

Blooper right at the start. Jason Stratham's character is asked which way the security van is turning when it comes out the yard.

Stratham plainly answers 'Left' when in fact the vehicle has turned Right :huh:.

The rest of the film is the Rat a Tat Tat of machine guns, betrayal, more Rat a Tat Tat, killings & more betrayal & a poor storyline.

Worth watching ?

6/10 at the very most.

Keep safe out there 8).

Rockers, ol' chum. I HATED it. Would struggle to even give it 3. Machismo ********. Guns, death, noise by-the-numbers.

How did Guy Ritchie get from giving us the heights of 'Lock, Stock....' and 'RocknRoller' to this dross? He should go back to sleeping with Madonna. His work was far superior with her in his life.

(However....as bad as it was, it was oceans better than the other film I had to sit through yesterday: 'Clifford The Big Red Dog')

50 minutes ago, wearysmith said:

Rockers, ol' chum. I HATED it. Would struggle to even give it 3. Machismo ********. Guns, death, noise by-the-numbers.

How did Guy Ritchie get from giving us the heights of 'Lock, Stock....' and 'RocknRoller' to this dross? He should go back to sleeping with Madonna. His work was far superior with her in his life.

(However....as bad as it was, it was oceans better than the other film I had to sit through yesterday: 'Clifford The Big Red Dog')

Laugh - me and HTSBO keep threatening  each other with - "shall we watch" - Clifford the big  red dog.

Even on the pretence we were watching it to see if it was suitable for the grandkids, we haven't succumbed 🙃.

Keep safe out there 8).

2 hours ago, wearysmith said:

A general rule of thumb for me is to avoid any film where Jason Statham is the  "Star" , Working well up to now 

On 12/12/2021 at 15:26, PRESLEY said:

The Unforgivable.  Sandra Bullock  good film  10/10.

10 hours ago, hauxwell said:

I watched Unforgivable last night and it was very good.  
It’s a 10/10  for me to.

10 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

All time best for me.

I think its one of Sandra Bullocks best films. 

I just watched this.

Wow, Sandra Bullock gives a tremendous performance, and the rest of the cast are great too, including several cameos.

It gets 8/10 from  me.

It loses 1 point for not having any space aliens, and loses 1 more point for not having nearly enough any jump scares.

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

A general rule of thumb for me is to avoid any film where Jason Statham is the  "Star" , Working well up to now 

Each to their own...😁

I still reckon you should try watching Hummingbird though.

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

He has a brief apperance in Collateral (2004), but the briefcase gave the best performance in that scene.

18 minutes ago, Funky_Gibbon said:

Each to their own...😁

I still reckon you should try watching Hummingbird though.

Is he the "Star" ?

55 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Is he the "Star" ?

Technically yes but it's not really a 'star' kind of movie, much more understated than his usual stuff.

Bad boys for life. A claustrophobic 2 hander as will Smith and Martin Lawrence hold off the police as they resist being arrested for damage to property, riding roughshod over the civil rights of suspects and the wider community and extra judicial killings from the first two films.

Not really, it's just like the first two films only Martin Lawrence is fatter! 7/10

DON'T DO IT - DON'T DO IT - DON'T DO IT.

Antlers (2021) -------- 0/10 ------    Worse film of the year ????????

(HTSBO choice) 

Small town.

Don't go down the cellar, don't go in the barn, don't go down the mine, don't go in the woods (unless your alone) nonsense.

A human flesh eating, throw back to an old Indian (Native American) legend, is on the loose, & he's out for blood, so what better thing to do?  ----  all of the above -----.

Keri Russell (the more than excellent - the Americans) is scraping the barrel,  playing the small town's Sherriff's (teacher) sister, who's moved back to the family home, who  inadvertently lets 'the Beast out' (no comment :blush:)!

I'm tempted to revise my score to 1/10 solely for the appearance of Amy Madigan (ok she gets killed no sooner than she appears) 

Amy, played 'Mc coy' the female bounty hunter in probably one of the best films of the 1980's - Streets of Fire👍🚔 🏍️🏍️.

(Well it is if your into motorcycles, car's, music & mayhem :suspect:

Jesse Phemons - (Submarine Kaptain in Jungle Cruise - and still looks like Benny Hill) plays the Sheriff 

Child actor - Jeremy T Thomas takes the impoverished look to another level,  plays the monsters brother. 

So that's it - 1/10 and i'm off to find 'Streets of fire' on't magic box.

Keep safe & its my choice next 8) 🎅