Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

11 hours ago, top4718 said:

I was going to say this one, its brilliant.

He's also very good in The Gentlemen in a supporting role.

He's pretty good in Tigerland and Phone Booth too.

Oats Studio (Netflix)

Feature length 10 part mix n match of story's not dissimilar to 'Life Death and Robots.'

Not dissimilar in that some of the story's especially the first two are watchable, others are woeful.

5/10 seams reasonable.

The 2 'God' sketches had me (probably for all the wrong reasons) laughing.

Keep safe out there.

3 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Oats Studio (Netflix)

Feature length 10 part mix n match of story's not dissimilar to 'Life Death and Robots.'

Not dissimilar in that some of the story's especially the first two are watchable, others are woeful.

5/10 seams reasonable.

The 2 'God' sketches had me (probably for all the wrong reasons) laughing.

Keep safe out there.

Saw those on Youtube a few years ago when Neill Blomkamp set up Oats Studio and released a few every now and again as a kind of tech demo / attempt to get hired to make his version of Alien 5 (which is why Signourney Weaver appears in one of the early ones) after the failure of Chappie apparently killed his career.

As you say the first few are ok but after that they drop in quality quite a lot. I was surprised to see them show up on Netflix.

18 hours ago, Pyrotequila said:

In Bruges 😉

Fantastic film.

On 17/10/2021 at 19:08, hackey lad said:

Total Recall (remake) . Dont know why I bothered  cos ive never seen Colin Farrell in a good film , have you ?  3/10 

That's generous.

I'd give it 2/10, but only because I fell asleep halfway through.

I really shouldn't start watching films in the late evening.  I have an annopying habit of doing that. 

Dune (2021) - 8.5/10

Very good. Left me with that feeling I haven't had since the LOTR films or maybe Infinity War where I left the cinema both happy and annoyed that I'd have to wait at least a year for the next part of the story (if there even is a next part). The Hans Zimmer soundtrack is turned up to 11 (and I've took off half a point because of this because it occasionally overwhelmed the dialogue) and you definitely need a cinema to appreciate the full effect of it.

Edited by Funky_Gibbon

Starskey and Hutch the Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson version. very funny. :hihi:

No time to die - 7/10

A good film but not one of the best Bond films for me. It was nice being back in the cinema though.

32 minutes ago, cressida said:

George and Mildred   7/10

Hello Cressida.

I know it ain't a film but watched some of the reruns of the TV series while baby sitting grandkids.

Timeless humour.

Yootha Joyce was looking rough (something 2 bottles of Gin a day will do) in the later ones.

RIP girl sad loss.

Roy Kinnear as Georges friendly builder mate never needed to utter a word for me - so funny.

Again another sad loss.

Keep safe out there. 

Yootha's complexion looked amazing in the film,  funnily enough so did Brian Murphy's - underrated actors

4 minutes ago, cressida said:

Yootha's complexion looked amazing in the film,  funnily enough so did Brian Murphy's - underrated actors

I think I was watching the later G&M circa 1979 (Year before she died) the strain of drinking was showing.

Definitely underrated actors.

Did you know they changed her maiden name?

In the early 'Man about House' Mildred would proudly announce her maiden name as - Nee; Tremble :lol:

Apparently Brian was at her bedside when she died, how about that for dedication.

RIP.

Keep safe.