Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

10 minutes ago, wearysmith said:

Hmmm. I want to see it as it is Sparks, but the clips I've seen and the blurb I've read make it sound waaayyyy too arty for me. You've just made my mind up 😀

We thought the same thing.

Even allowing for the Sparks Avant-garde brilliance - when they get it wrong - they get it wrong.

Blinkered by an idea that just doesn't work, the storyline is poor almost infantile at best. surely they

themselves can't be happy with this trash? 

Even 3rd time lucky hasn't worked for their desire to produce this (a successful)  movie.

Keep safe.

Just watched the sequel to The Craft on Sky. Absolute tosh and not a patch on the original. Hard pushed to give it 2 out of 10.

KaMtuOo.jpg

The Mule,not one of Clints best but watchable 6/10.

3 hours ago, ukdobby said:

The Mule,not one of Clints best but watchable 6/10.

Im with you on this one,  and same  marks out of ten aswell,   anyhow    not same as the Poncho wearing days and the days of,    go ahead make my day punk,  :hihi:  bless him he does great for his age tho.

The Lady Vanishes.     8/10

Molly's Game - 8/10

And after reading up on the real story after the film I'll never look at Tobey McGuire in the same way.

Reminiscence - 7/10

Neo-noir science fiction story set in Miami after rising sea levels have flooded the coastal cities, daytime temperatures have become so unbearable that everyone sleeps through it and wars have been fought over in the resulting chaos. Hugh Jackman is a former military interrogator who now makes a living helping clients to relive their fondest memories by use of a machine, which he also uses to try and find a missing love.

Not without flaws but I did enjoy the unusual setting and noirish story of obsession and mystery.

Monsters of Man - 7/10

(Amazon Prime)

Four advanced-AI military robots are dropped into a South-East Asian jungle as part of a illegal field test of their abilities. the aim of which is to see if they can wipe out a village of drug runners and any other witnesses to their actions. A malfunction leaves one of the robots thinking for itself.

Definitely b-movie sensibilities and casting but surprisingly well done, good CGI and action

Boss Level - 5/10

(Amazon Prime)

Violent Groundhog Day with Frank Grillo waking each day to a load of comic book assasins trying and often succeeding in killing him for reasons he doesn't have any clue about.

Edited by Funky_Gibbon

The Vault - 6.5/10

(Amazon Prime)

Heist movie about a treasure hunter who hires from young genius to figure out the secret defences of the most secure bank vault in the world so he can break into it during the 2010 World Cup.

The Eight Hundred - 8/10 for filmmaking and action, 3/10 for overbearing and heavy-handed Chinese State nationalism that's laid all over the film with a trowel.

Chinese historical war film about a particular battle in the 1937 battle for Shanghai known as the Defense_of_Sihang_Warehouse in which 452 defenders fought off the Japanese army for several days under the full gaze of the people living in relative safety across the river in the 'foreign concessions'  (the bits of Shanghai under British etc control).

The levels of national propaganda in the film (approaching The Patriot levels) sadly distracts from what is otherwise a very well made film.

Wrong turn, 2021 -2/10

Entertainment is dead. Not even slasher type horror can be made today without  political message.

Forever Purge, 2020 - 1/10

See above, but even more pathetic

Don't Breath 2  6.5/10

Everyone's favourite OAP, blind ex navy seal is back- this time he has to fight of intruders who kidnap his 'daughter'.

There's a storyline behind all this, which makes for better viewing.

Plenty of gore and all that, just wouldn't be the same without it.

I actually enjoyed it.

On 05/09/2021 at 10:04, croat77 said:

Wrong turn, 2021 -2/10

Entertainment is dead. Not even slasher type horror can be made today without  political message.

Forever Purge, 2020 - 1/10

See above, but even more pathetic

I think they have made several of these, I have seen two, one was ok the other was a joke.