Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Love and monsters. Coming of age drama, our protagonist leaves his post apocalyptic bunker to meet back up with his best gal, while dodging monsters. Entirely predictable but not a bad watch. 6/10.

Greenland. More post apocalyptic shenanigans with Gerard butler leading possibly the world's stupidist family to a survival bunker, eventually in Greenland. Hugely frustrating at times (which, perhaps the writers were trying to capture) but it had some nice twists and butler and lovely morena baccarine were solid enough. I quite liked the ending too. Scrapes a 7/10

On 24/04/2021 at 22:21, wearysmith said:

Let's hope the Oscar committee see what we saw.

It won Best Original Screenplay

42 minutes ago, Delbow said:

It won Best Original Screenplay

Not had chance to see the winners & losers yet. I'd hoped for more, but any Oscar's a good Oscar.

Nobody   8.5/10

This movie is 90 mins pure adrenaline..a proper old school action film with shooting galore.

A quiet family man who leads a very mundane life, who appears to have no ambition or connection with his family- awakens his 'inner self' when he happens to cross paths with the Russian mob.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail on Netflix last week! 9/10.

"I pass wind in your general direction, your Mother was a Hamster, and your Father smells of Eldeberries" :lol: 

Still one of THE funniest lines in British comedy ever!

Tom Clancy's Without Remorse  - 5/10

(Amazon Prime)

Firstly, this is Without Remorse (the novel) in the same way that Brad Pitt's World War Z is the same as Max Brook's novel - they share a title, maybe a few character names and a very basic concept but apart from that there is nothing remotely similar about them and the film is all the worse for it because the novel Without Remorse is excellent and I've been waiting 25 years for someone to film it.

Instead we get this generic geopolitical action thriller with a silly plot, phoned-in acting and some confusing direction in what they clearly hope will become the start of a Rainbow Six franchise.

It's not a terrible film and has some decent action and maybe someone who is less invested in the character and who isn't so disappointed about the waste of a good story will rate it higher but that someone isn't me.

Rocketman,well worth if your an Elton fan,worth watching Saturday night with the choices on tv,6/10

1 minute ago, ukdobby said:

Rocketman,well worth if your an Elton fan,worth watching Saturday night with the choices on tv,6/10

Your equals you're :D 

And yes it's a great movie.

Absolute rubbish. Barely 2 out of 10. Maybe funny if you're Jewish? Gave it two marks as they use Marmalade's 'Reflections'. Beautiful song.

Seth Rogan is to comedy what Judi Dench is to pole-dancing: unadvised.

image.png

On 04/02/2014 at 13:16, megalithic said:

All is lost. Gripped me all the way through. 8.5/10 Would have been a 9 but for the ending.

The Dark Crystal 9/10.

Saw it at the ABC on Angel St in 1982 (Where Argos is now) and was scared of the Skeksis (Well I was only just turned 6 at the time) but now it's a timeless classic IMO.

And there's a "prequel" series to it on Netflix, Age of Resistance or something.

Extraction. Chris hemsworth wipes out half of Dakar's security forces in an enjoyable action romp. Makes a change to see Asian actors in more fleshed out characters rather than cookie cutter terrorists or colourful dancers. I liked it.