Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

4 hours ago, willman said:

Bird B0x - Sandar Bullock - rather interesting film 7.5/10

WInd River - first time ever had an issue with hard to hear diologue - but  a good film - 7.5/10

He's out there - different for a scary thriller - 6.5/10

I thought it was just me, it was very strange audio, still it was worth watching just for the Marlin 1895SBL lever action rifle in .45-70 that Jeremy Renner used.

The Dead Don't Die - 6,5/10

Weird film. Seriously weird. Saved from a lower score by the deadpan acting of Adam Driver and Bill Murray.

The Mule starring, produced and directed by Clint Eastwood. A bit slow in parts but otherwise quite good. Based on a true story.

7/10

Edited by Rollypolly

Once Upon a Time in America 

Well it was a very long film that didn't seem to go anywhere in particular for the first couple of hours. If we hadn't bought tickets would have probably turned it off :-). All star cast very violent end. Not one I will forget in a hurry 🙂

IT - Chapter 2      8/10

I enjoyed the first one, but liked this even more.
The casting of the adult 'losers club' is amazing, but I loved that the children still played a big part in it.
Obviously a LOT had to be cut out (it would be 4 times as long if not!) but on the whole it stays pretty true to the book.  The only massive change was the ending and I think in a way it was changed for the better.
Loved the Stephen King cameo too!

One slight issue for me was there were too many jokey one-liners from Ritchie, the timing of them just seemed wrong at times.

It Chapter Two Poster

Edited by nikki-red

Red Sea Diving Resort 7.5/10

Already reviewed on here but well worth a watch. 

Based on actual events which makes for better viewing.

As always a pleasure to watch Ben Kingsley, with Chris Evans proving there is life after Captain America.

RAMBO: LAST BLOOD , 10/10

Forget all you read about this movie from rubbish critics all over the net,

this is pure action old school movie and perfect way to finish the serial.

Hats down to Sly, he is 73 y old and still looks and acts amazing.

Really enjoyed this one, will definitely watch again as soon it arrive on Sky/Netflix.

It is, what it is. Action movie, not reference to Trump, Putin, Brexit, climate change  or whatever,

its just good old fashioned fun!

Just watched this. Didnt expect much from it but it was way better than I expected.
Its not particularly original but the main characters are likeable, the effects and kills are good and its quite tense throughout.
I liked it.   7.5/10

Haunt Poster

Edited by nikki-red

Tigers are not afraid   9/10

Absolutely amazing Mexican horror/fantasy  about children growing up and trying to survive the drug cartels etc.

Its brutal, beautiful, charming, heartbreaking and magical.

Gave me goosebumps at times.

Tigers Are Not Afraid Poster

Edited by nikki-red

On 09/09/2019 at 00:20, Mr Fisk said:

Red Sea Diving Resort 7.5/10

Already reviewed on here but well worth a watch. 

Based on actual events which makes for better viewing.

As always a pleasure to watch Ben Kingsley, with Chris Evans proving there is life after Captain America.

Watched this last night and agree with your rating maybe add a point.If this was fiction one could say it was a bit far fetched but it all actually happened.

Talk about truth being stranger than fiction.

Enjoyed it very much.

Just like to add that a similar film also on Netflix called Machine Gun Preacher is also based on true events and it two is a gripping film.

Edited by Ontarian1981

On 21/09/2019 at 21:16, nikki-red said:

Just watched this. Didnt expect much from it but it was way better than I expected.
Its not particularly original but the main characters are likeable, the effects and kills are good and its quite tense throughout.
I liked it.   7.5/10

Haunt Poster

Watched this last night & rate around 6.5/10

Has some good jumpy moments and gory in places, but just didn't grip me as much as I would have liked.