Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Aquaman 7.5/10

Awesome CGI if you really like that stuff.

Story wise it felt a bit rushed, trying to cram everything in for the 143min duration.

But overall a enjoyable movie and loved seeing the original Aquaman costume.

Good to see some old faces like William Defoe, Dolph Lundgren, Nicole Kidman and Temuera Morrison.

Bird Box   8/10

Really enjoyed this, its well acted, tense, sad and has a good plot. 

Think I might invest in the book now.

Dark Figure Of Crime - 8/10

South Korean crime thriller about a convicted murderer who confesses to a detective that he's killed seven other people many years ago, all cases long forgotten or unknown to the police. The detective begins obsessively searching for evidence whilst the killer manipulates the detective for his own purposes.

Reminiscent of 'Memories Of Murder' and 'The Pledge'.

The Good Dinosaur 8.5/10

A wonderful and really touching feature length animation from Pixar Studios (the makers of Wall-E, Finding Nemo and the Toy Story series). It tells the story of an unlikely friendship between a boy and a young dinosaur separated from their families by a storm. 

It's one of those very cleverly written films (like the others from the Pixar company) that both adults and children can relate to. 

Saw a fair bit of the Good Dinosour and what I saw was great, will have to watch it properly.

Just watched most of the Jungle Book remake, (I've never seen the original)  The CGI was astounding!  Worth watching just for for that.    I thought they did a great job of it, I just  had a look on IMDB and some people really slated it, and the kid.  Considering he was probably in a green room for most of it I thought he did OK!  

1 hour ago, neeeeeeeeeek said:

Saw a fair bit of the Good Dinosour and what I saw was great, will have to watch it properly.

Just watched most of the Jungle Book remake, (I've never seen the original)  The CGI was astounding!  Worth watching just for for that.    I thought they did a great job of it, I just  had a look on IMDB and some people really slated it, and the kid.  Considering he was probably in a green room for most of it I thought he did OK!  

I saw the Jungle Book remake on TV today too - & you're right, the CGI was fantastic. It was genuinely difficult to distinguish between what was real and what was effect. It was that well done. The real animal expressions were incredibly realistic too. I'd only seen the cartoon version before, and I think the modern version compares very favourably to it. 

I'm suprised the boy who played Mowgli got slated on IMDb, I thought he was very credible.

Edited by Mister M

Green Book starring Viggo Mortensen and Mahershala Ali, the story of an Italian American bouncer hired to chauffeur an African American classical pianist on a tour of 1960s American South, not bad at all 7.5/10

Bumblebee - exactly what you would expect if you've seen the earlier films.  6/10

Some of the story doesn't actually fit in with the earlier films actually, so maybe 5/10 for that.

Revenge   8.5/10

Its ridiculous, unbelievable and full of plot holes. Its also strangely brilliant. I couldnt look away from it. Its like Wolf Creek meets I Spit on your Grave.
I seriously wonder what the budget for fake blood was! Loved it.

Bad Times at the El Royale  -  9/10

Absolutely loved this. The storyline, acting, setting, soundtrack, filming is all great. 
The only slight downside is it takes a while to get going, but its so worth it when it does.

Best film Ive seen this year :)  

37 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

Bad Times at the El Royale  -  9/10

Absolutely loved this. The storyline, acting, setting, soundtrack, filming is all great. 
The only slight downside is it takes a while to get going, but its so worth it when it does.

Best film Ive seen this year :)  

Loved this too!  It's fairly long, but once I'd settled into it, I thought it was brilliant. 

Jon Hamm couldn't possibly get any more handsome... That certainly held the attention! 😍