Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

The kingsmen 2 - the golden circle. Decent cast but wasted on an awful script. Elton John playing Elton John was probably the highlight. The first one wasn't bad but this was pants. 4/10

Unsane - 7/10

I enjoyed this, thought it was interesting and quite clever.

Amazing to think it was all filmed on an IPhone too!

Wolf Warrior 2 - 7.5/10

Former Chinese special forces soldier turned ship cargo handler in some unnamed African country must take on a rebel army and a band of evil mercenaries in order to save his god-son's mother and a doctor who has the cure for Ebola.

Utterly mental OTT Chinese film which is like one of those 1980s Cannon action film scripts but with a much larger budget and a body count that's off the scale.

The Meg 8/10

Really enjoyed this one. It's just pure fun.

The Loved Ones 7/10

Australian horror. I watched this after a few people recommended it, it starts off ok, making you wonder if its actually going to be that bad. Then it gets going and yes, it is that bad!

Hereditary 8.5/10

A very good horror film which definately sends a few chills up your back.

You may scratch your head to understand some bits parts, but it does kind of fall in to place near the climax.

It's a 4/10 from me.

The first third starts off well, then nothing much happens in the second third, and I have no idea what's going on in the final third :huh::help:

The Limehouse Golem 8/10

Really enjoyed this. Well written, well acted and keeps you guessing right till the end.

It's a 4/10 from me.

The first third starts off well, then nothing much happens in the second third, and I have no idea what's going on in the final third :huh::help:

It's had critical acclaim by some usually very hard to please reviewers. I guess personal views will be different- some will like it and some not.

I thought it was well made, avoiding typical horror cliches and creating a genuine tension build up.

The Limehouse Golem 8/10

Really enjoyed this. Well written, well acted and keeps you guessing right till the end.

I enjoyed this one too and agree with your rating, but I had it figured out before the end, although I was only guessing. lol

---------- Post added 27-08-2018 at 10:26 ----------

I just read that Katherine Johnson, one of three African American women who were all instrumental in putting the first man on the moon, turned 100 today.

The reason I mention it on this thread is that I watched Hidden Figures just two weeks ago which tells the story of those three ultra smart ladies and their trials and tribulations in the still-segregated southern US of 1961.

I rate the film 8/10 , the ladies (all still living) themselves a resounding 10/10 and then some. Happy birthday Katherine.

Yellow Submarine 9/10

We watched this on a big, inflatable outdoor screen.

Id not seen it since I was a kid, Id forgotten how good it is.

Crazy, colourful, funny, with some great songs. Hard to believe its 50 years old this year.

The Meg

Went to see at a drive in last night - more Deep Blue Sea than Jaws but worthwhile.

7/10

Dead Pool 2. 5/10.

A couple of amusing scenes, but again just following the Marvel movie template, and relied on far too many slow-mo action sequences with a tongue in cheek song (Enya this time).