Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

I watched the government inspector starring Mark Rylance last night watched on C4 catch up. was about the weapons inspector david Kelly and heart beaking.

Mechanic: Resurrection

Rubbish, complete garbage. 2/10, worst film I've seen in a long time.

Not a patch on the original though obviously. I think for the original they were leased three Minis and bought the rest. Mr Agnelli who owned Fiat offered Fiats for free but the director wanted Minis. Agnelli also expressly gave permission for them to drive on the roof of his factory, had Turin shut down and provided all the cars nipping about. He also gave a Ferrari to the director.

Yep, from Wiki:

According to the director's commentary on the DVD, despite the publicity the film would give to the Mini, the car's maker, BMC, only provided a token fleet of Minis and the production company had to buy the rest at trade price.

Fiat offered the production as many super-charged Fiat cars as they needed, several sports cars for the Mafia confrontation scene, plus $50,000, but the producers turned down the offer because it would have meant replacing the Minis with Fiats.

Cockneys Vs Zombies

Yeah its as daft as it sounds, I did enjoy it though. Theres some well known old actors in it - Richard Briers, Dudley Sutton & Honor Blackman. Decent soundtrack too.

7/10

Jungle book....5/10 give me the Disney version.

Jungle book....5/10 give me the Disney version.

5/10 really?!!

I went to the pics to see it in 3D, i thought it was absolutely fantastic :)

John Wick - 7/10 - Keanu Reeves plays (badly) an ex-hitman who seeks revenge on a Russian mobsters son, its glossy, violent, shallow but fast paced and entertaining.

Layer Cake.

I enjoyed it. It's very watchable. But it's not in any way original. Good soundtrack though. Michael Gambon seems to enjoy himself as the don.

But why is it that all English gangster films have to be chirpy and witty and tongue in cheek and not all too serious? Is being a good ol' sarf London blagger all such a larf? Why cant we make a film like The Departed? If there is a better film than that, I haven't seen it. Maybe someone can recommend something?

Speaking of The Departed, is Black Mass any good?

Black Mass:

I enjoyed it. Good performance from Depp. One of those true-life films that has you thinking, 'how did they get away with that ****??'

But it had moments and ideas blatantly lifted from Goodfellas.

If you like this sort of film I doubt you will be disappointed. But you won't be blown away.

Basically, it's not as good as The Departed.

Edited by Santo

David Brent: 3/10. No, 2.5. Mostly dross, fit only for Gervaisiacs.

Mechanic Resurrection: 9/10. Jason Statham as efficient killer, excellent as always. Spoilt by synthetic romantic subplot, however.

Morgan: 9/10. One of this year's better films. Scientists' creation turning on them.

Nerve: 9/10. Horribly plausible 'dare website' storyline.

Popstar: 6/10. Not worthwhile, set alongside Spinal Tap.

Sausage Party: 8/10. Puerile drivel, scabrously rude, but very very funny. Loses 2 points for being drug-propaganda permeated, however.

War Dogs: 8.5/10. Believable drug-runners' tale, apparently drawn from how the USA military organise armament supply nowadays (a rather depressing fact).

---------- Post added 15-09-2016 at 17:16 ----------

AND Captain Fantastic: 9.5/10.

Excellent tussle between (1) newly-bereaved, literate, clever backwoodsman with children of various ages and (2) his late wife's parents and "Society". Controversial in some respects but very highly recommended.

Shallows. 7/10 decent survival shark movie.

I don't understand how you could give Mechanic 9/10, it's complete rubbish, I was close to walking out.

I don't understand how you could give Mechanic 9/10, it's complete rubbish, I was close to walking out.

Ok then, so you prefer Chuck Norris to Jason Statham, no big deal LOL:D