Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Line of Duty film with Aaron Eckhart....4/10

US police action thing, with barely credible plot line, played for comedy in parts.

If you haven't yet watched it, don't.

Banana Splits horror movie. Low budget gore fest 6/10

Prey - 6.5/10

Better than I was expecting it to be but still suffers from some of the same problems as most of the modern Predator films.

Edited by Funky_Gibbon

1 minute ago, Funky_Gibbon said:

Prey - 6.5/10

Better than I was expecting it to be but still suffers from the same problem as most of the modern Predator films where they turn the creature into a warrior rather than a hunter stalking and ambushing prey.

I watched it today. Not my usual cup of tea but it was watchable enough.

I agree with your rating.

Guest ThaBoom
9 hours ago, nikki-red said:

I watched it today. Not my usual cup of tea but it was watchable enough.

I agree with your rating.

I was 30 mins into it on Thursday but didn't get to watch it all.

I'm a huge fan of the original Predator film (most would agree) and the reviews on this prequel looked good.

Will probably watch the rest of it, but do think this film would have felt more authentic if the actors were natives and spoke their own language- after all its based in the 18th century.

12 minutes ago, ThaBoom said:

Will probably watch the rest of it, but do think this film would have felt more authentic if the actors were natives and spoke their own language- after all its based in the 18th century.

Apparently there is a version of that's dubbed in Comanche. I agree though, filming it like Apocalypto in the native language would have been interesting.

Just now, Funky_Gibbon said:

Apparently there is a version of that's dubbed in Comanche. I agree though, filming it like Apocalypto in the native language would have been interesting.

You can just choose Comanche in the audio/language settings on Disney+

Guest ThaBoom
4 hours ago, Funky_Gibbon said:

That was the film I was thinking of but couldn't recall it when I posted- yes that was a good film made better with all the dialogue in the native language.

Rogue Agent

The film is based on a true story.  A con man played by James Norton pretends he’s an MI5 agent for years, scamming his victims out of money.  He picks on the wrong lady who is determined to bring him to justice.

James Norton is brilliant in the film.

8/10

On 06/08/2022 at 21:23, Funky_Gibbon said:

Prey - 6.5/10

Better than I was expecting it to be but still suffers from some of the same problems as most of the modern Predator films.

Watched this last night , not bad 6/10  but why are  most of the action scenes in the dark ?  Happens in a lot of films and spoils them 

11 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Watched this last night , not bad 6/10  but why are  most of the action scenes in the dark ?  Happens in a lot of films and spoils them 

Quatermass, tomorrow night Hackey (Talking pictures)

Get stuck in.

Girl In The Basement (2021)

Loosely based on the Josef Fritz case. Very grim but very good for what was a Lifetime movie (made for TV)

8/10