Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent - 8/10

Nic Cage sends himself up brilliantly in this meta action-comedy about an actor called Nic Cage.

'Elvis'

9/10

No review, but there are some incredible shivers-down-your-spine moments. Hairs DID stand up on the back of my neck. Thought the fella who played BB King was impressive. Didn't recognise him from anything previously.  

The last 25 minutes(ish) I felt genuinely sick watching Parker's manipulations. I know Elvis brought a lot of his downfall on himself by being weak, but an unselfish Parker could have steered him a completely different way. Oscar nomination for Hanks I reckon.
Can't give it a 10 as Luhrmann felt it necessary to include a few rap numbers. WHY????? Rap has no place near Elvis.
You never know, next up, a Parker film made by his decedents showing how wrong this film was? Stranger things.... 

On 20/06/2022 at 21:03, hauxwell said:

Midnight in the Switchgrass

Its a true story about a truck driver who is a serial killer, or should I say it’s based on a true story because you could tell the end of the film has been sensationalised and not based on the truth.  

I enjoyed the film tho and it’s wasn’t to long.

Netflix 7/10

Watched this last night ,  not bad 6/10

Just watched  I am All Girls  , film based on true events in South Africa.  Child abuse , kidnapping and trafficking, with a killer looking for revenge.  7/10 

Downtown Abbey. A New Era.

Disappointed with the film, I expected it to be better.  It was hard work after a while to carry on watching it.  

5/10

Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool

I loved this film which is based on a true story.  

There’s a dance scene in the film which was the best scene in the film for me. Jamie Bell is in the dance scene along with an actress called Annette Benning, they are both very cool and sexy when they dance together.  I can’t remember Jamie Bell dancing like that when he played Billy Elliot, but he has grown up a lot since then. 

The film is funny at times but also some very sad parts.

10/10

Elvis - if your a fan of the great man you must see this film, Austen Butler is outstanding as Presley.

Widows

Four women have to do a robbery to pay back a dept left by their dead criminal husbands.

I enjoyed this film.  Netflix 8/10

Dad's Army  -  7/10   (final scene was the funniest)

A very funny film, We're the Millers, its on netflix. 10/10

Edited by PRESLEY

On 02/07/2022 at 18:02, hauxwell said:

Widows

Four women have to do a robbery to pay back a dept left by their dead criminal husbands.

I enjoyed this film.  Netflix 8/10

Not bad 6/10