Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

West Side Story 2021.

Spielberg's finest - ignore.

Excellent, as near to the original remake as possible, but although it captures the original and probably betters it cinematography wise,

in a 'Rose tinted glass's way' the 'rawness' of the original tops it for me.

Well worth watching and nothing wrong with it at all. probably one of the best musicals ever?

Plenty of lovely over long, garish American automobiles for me & Women looking like Women in figure hugging flowing dress's, not looking like they've forgot to put their skirt on  and happy to be walking around in their tights as happens nowadays.

Watch and Enjoy 8) .  9/10

I can never help singing Alice Cooper's 'Gutter Cat -  Jet vs Sharks when anyone mentions West Side Story.

Gutter Cat vs. The Jets - YouTube

Not rushing to see new Top Gun film apart from remakes not usually up to par with the originals the bloke taking main role would be better off in a Rocky  remake he looks more like Stallone with his broken nose, he will save make up a few dollars. :hihi: Cruise was far too naturally Cool in the original to be copied, same with the Fonze. 😎

Everything Everywhere All at Once - 8/10

Chaotic LSD-trip multiverse weirdness with occasional martial arts and laugh out loud moments. Utterly pointless trying to describe the plot.

The Bombardment :The Shadow in my eye

Wow, 10/10

Based on true story of accidental bombing of a school in ww2 Copenhagen. Heart wrenching. 

On 19/05/2022 at 08:58, PRESLEY said:

Not rushing to see new Top Gun film apart from remakes not usually up to par with the originals the bloke taking main role would be better off in a Rocky  remake he looks more like Stallone with his broken nose, he will save make up a few dollars. :hihi: Cruise was far too naturally Cool in the original to be copied, same with the Fonze. 😎

Sorry if I missed some sarcasm or joke here, but you know Tom Cruise is the lead in the Top Gun sequel right?

14 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

Sorry if I missed some sarcasm or joke here, but you know Tom Cruise is the lead in the Top Gun sequel right?

Two leading rolls, the story is about maverick and Goose's son.  A Question for you clever cloggs,  who played the lead in  70s Starsky and hutch or 80s Cagney and Lacey, and who played the lead in lassie, :roll:

1 minute ago, PRESLEY said:

Two leading rolls, the story is about maverick and Goose's son.  A Question for you clever cloggs,  who played the lead in  70s Starsky and hutch or 80s Cagney and Lacey, and who played the lead in lassie, :roll:

Didn't realise the film title was Top Gun : Maverick plus Goose's Son....oh wait, it isn't.

Unlike Starsky and Hutch, or Cagney and Lacey, there is one lead role, despite whatever you have made up.

12 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Didn't realise the film title was Top Gun : Maverick plus Goose's Son....oh wait, it isn't.

Unlike Starsky and Hutch, or Cagney and Lacey, there is one lead role, despite whatever you have made 

I never mentioned the title,  here is a fitting title for you. THE JOKER. :loopy:

7 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

The lead  in Lassie was   3  foot of leather :thumbsup:

Edited by hackey lad
  • Haha 1

The Cloverfield Paradox - 4/10

A Cloverfield film that started life as an unrelated film script but got retconned into the franchise with minimal effort later. A ridiculously star-laden cast for a movie and script that's so bad they don't even bother to try and explain some of the weirder plot points.

The Goonies - 7/10  (screeching American kids all the way through)

Joker,it was worth watching and I can see why he won an Oscar for it.