Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

16 minutes ago, Padders said:

Just for a moment Hackey, you got me excited..

Believe me Paddy , your blood pressure will be fine watching this , although I wouldnt advise it 

Bohemian Rhapsody 6/10 unless you like Queen then 10/10.

2 hours ago, ukdobby said:

Bohemian Rhapsody 6/10 unless you like Queen then 10/10.

For such a charismatic band it was a bit dull, the recreation of the Live Aid performance rescues it.

Don't Laugh!

Slade in Flame  :blush: . (available on U-tube).

I'd never heard of this till last week and had no idea some of it was filmed in Sheff.

The link below has some excellent details and pictures from the film of Parkwood Springs and the Kelvin.

Slade In Flame - Sheffield in Films and TV shows (Sheffield Filming Locations) - Sheffield History - Sheffield Memories

Marks out of 10.

4/10. Cringeworthy with no ending.

I was never a Slade fan, did see them once, but that was because Alex Harvey was the support band.

post-1-1172063825.jpg

What was with the Kelvin and Combo's? I've bought two from there.

One we had to tow back (which was fun) t'other had 1/2 a paving slab in't sidecar so the thing didn't come up on corners 🥴 .

Happy Daze 8) .

Edited by Rockers rule
-

Against The Ice

A true historical survival film about two men in 1909 who try to retrieve a map that proves Greenland belongs to Denmark and not America.

7/10

On 07/03/2022 at 18:51, Rockers rule said:

Don't Laugh!

Slade in Flame  :blush: . (available on U-tube).

I'd never heard of this till last week and had no idea some of it was filmed in Sheff.

The link below has some excellent details and pictures from the film of Parkwood Springs and the Kelvin.

Slade In Flame - Sheffield in Films and TV shows (Sheffield Filming Locations) - Sheffield History - Sheffield Memories

Marks out of 10.

4/10. Cringeworthy with no ending.

I was never a Slade fan, did see them once, but that was because Alex Harvey was the support band.

post-1-1172063825.jpg

What was with the Kelvin and Combo's? I've bought two from there.

One we had to tow back (which was fun) t'other had 1/2 a paving slab in't sidecar so the thing didn't come up on corners 🥴 .

Happy Daze 8) .

'Slade In Flame' was a hell of an album. Some fantastic tracks. As a film.....it's better forgotten.

1 minute ago, wearysmith said:

'Slade In Flame' was a hell of an album. Some fantastic tracks. As a film.....it's better forgotten.

What's best forgotten, Weary ? 🤣.

Best part of the (Alex Harvey) Slade concert was when Jim Lea fell off the speaker stack he was standing on 🤣.

Sure weren't good live back then.

Three Days of the Condor - 7/10

Classic 70s conspiracy movie with Robert Redford as a CIA researcher who returns from a lunch break to find everyone who he works with murdered.

There something about all those 1970s paranoia conspiracy movies that came out during or just after Nixon's time in power and the evidence of criminal conspiracies within the US Government that I love.

12 hours ago, Funky_Gibbon said:

Three Days of the Condor - 7/10

Classic 70s conspiracy movie with Robert Redford as a CIA researcher who returns from a lunch break to find everyone who he works with murdered.

There something about all those 1970s paranoia conspiracy movies that came out during or just after Nixon's time in power and the evidence of criminal conspiracies within the US Government that I love.

Great film this.