Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

bYKCqI9.jpg

I'm tired and struggling with a grim chest-infection, so maybe this is not the best time for me to give an overview of this flick.

It's probably a 6, but I'll stick with 5 as the set ups and gags feel way too contrived.  

Definitely a lot of laugh out loud moments. I particularly enjoyed Salma Hayek screaming to Sam Jackson "I'm not wearing a sports bra!!!!" as a van they're being chased in careers down some steep steps in Italy. There's also a running gag about her being too old to have children, resulting in some particularly cranky violent scenes.

Too much swearing (well, it IS a Samuel L Jackson film) and Ryan's face-pulling and wisecracks are delivered far better in the Deadpool films and 'Free Guy'.

Some great scenery to admire though.

Might need to see this again in a week or so, but my initial impression is it's not as good as the first one.

The Dry  7/10

Eric Bana stars in this Australian thriller- a federal agent,  he returns to his home town to attend a childhood friend's funeral- but then helps the investigation into the family killing.

On BBC i Player, The Adventures of Robin Hood,  Errol Flynn, the best Robin Hood ever.  10/10, 🤺

Edited by PRESLEY

5 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

On BBC i Player, The Adventures of Robin Hood,  Errol Flynn, the best Robin Hood ever.  10/10, 🤺

Did he swash his buckle ?

9 hours ago, Mr Fisk said:

The Dry  7/10

Eric Bana stars in this Australian thriller- a federal agent,  he returns to his home town to attend a childhood friend's funeral- but then helps the investigation into the family killing.

Decent film , same score from me 

The Suicide Squad  (2) . Was looking forward to this as I really enjoyed the first one (even though it got panned in some quarters) . Disappointed , not nearly as good as the first one . 5/10

BBC i player,  The Heart of the Sea, directed by Richie Cunningham.  Great film.  10/10.  :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

BBC i player,  The Heart of the Sea, directed by Richie Cunningham.  Great film.  10/10.  :thumbsup:

Wasnt he in Happy Days 

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Wasnt he in Happy Days 

Ron Howard directed the film, aka Richie from happy days correct.

On 27/12/2021 at 00:04, Funky_Gibbon said:

Don't Look Up - 7/10

Surprising funny satire that takes aim at US politics, media, social media, obsession with celebrity trivia, politicisation of science and of all aspects of our lives, in the face of something that shouldn't be political (in the case of the film it's a extinction-level comet headed for Earth but really it's Covid) and weird tech billionaires. It's so on the nose about just how stupid we've all become it's almost depressing.

Don't look up.

Again HTSBO choice.

As above Surprisingly    an Annoyingly, irritating frustrating mix of storylines designed to infuriate.

Probably shows how the Yanks sense of humour differs from ours (Come on, they can't even spell humour right ! :hihi: ).

On the other hand, it is daft enough to be funny, and yes come the day, a big chunk of meteorite comes to do for us the same way it did for the dinosaurs, we'll be as prepared for it as they were. 

Of course, as we speak various governments are working on meteorite busting space probes for just such an eventuality, aren't they :rolleyes: ?  

Loved the ending,  probably the best part of the film.

No spoiler, yer gonna have to watch it yourself 8) .

Worth watching if yer can't find anything better.      7/10.

Keep safe & Don't look up 8).

On 08/01/2022 at 14:04, PRESLEY said:

I watched this film after looking at your rating and I also enjoyed it.  

The Ice Road

It’s what you expect when Liam Neeson stars in a film, action packed.  For me a bit to much action but it wasn’t bad.  I do like to hear his voice tho. 

7/10