Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

20 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Same here 7/10

One man and his dog.. and a robot who looks like beaker out of the muppets :huh:

For something with only one person a dog & the fleeting glimpse of some young lass legs pulling a trolley the credits were unbelievably long :suspect:

I didn't mind, I was enjoying the music. 😃

'The Eternals'

Layered, great cast, plenty of threads leading into other upcoming films, well-plotted but perhaps slightly over long.  8/10. Another thoroughly enjoyable Marvel movie (but you'd need to be a Marvel nut to get all the asides and references)

On 22/10/2021 at 19:34, Funky_Gibbon said:

Dune (2021) - 8.5/10

Very good. Left me with that feeling I haven't had since the LOTR films or maybe Infinity War where I left the cinema both happy and annoyed that I'd have to wait at least a year for the next part of the story (if there even is a next part). The Hans Zimmer soundtrack is turned up to 11 (and I've took off half a point because of this because it occasionally overwhelmed the dialogue) and you definitely need a cinema to appreciate the full effect of it.

Saw this the other week, and I'd agree with you totally.
Watching it I kept thinking that I'd never be able to watch this at home because I could feel the floor vibrating from how bloody loud the music was.

On 01/11/2021 at 13:17, steved32 said:

Went to see Last Night in Soho.  Top horror/fantasy, with great music, too.  Never realised the film's title was a song by Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Titch.

Seen very little mention of this on the thread. I reckon it's the best film I've seen all year. Happily give it a solid 10/10.

Anyone familiar with the old Ealing horror movie 'Dead Of Night' will recall The Haunted Mirror chapter. Director Edgar Wright has cribbed from the best. 
A trainee fashion designer sees images of a model-singer from the 60s.
One of the main female leads is Anya Taylor-Joy (the lass we all enjoyed so much in The Queen's Gambit) and there's three giants from the 60s; Terence Stamp. Rita Tushingham and Diana Rigg, all turning in very believable performances. (And I reckon Edgar must have REALLY been tempted to throw in a "Terry meets Julie..."/Kinks nod knowing he had Terence Stamp in the film. Fair play for resisting temptation.)

.......plus a stunningly good 60s-themed soundtrack. There's a reworking of George Harrison's 'Got My Mind Set On You' turned into something that sounds like it could have been recorded by The Equals and, surprisingly, Siouxsie's 'Happy House' turns up in a haunted dance-floor scene.

Taking the beloved to see it this coming Sunday. Trying not to tell her too much about it 😀

Check out the promo:

smZDq2S.jpg
Edited by wearysmith

Django Unchained

It’s about a slave who in 1858 sets out to find his wife, who is also a slave, with the help of a German bounty hunter in Mississippi.   

There’s a lot of violence in this film that shows the horrors of slavery.   The film is over two and a half hours so pleased I was able to watch it at home. 

8/10

5 hours ago, wearysmith said:

Seen very little mention of this on the thread. I reckon it's the best film I've seen all year. Happily give it a solid 10/10.

This is a film I've been looking forward to for a while but sadly haven't been able to find the time to see at the cinema. It's coming out on VOD next Friday though so I'll catch it then.

Red Notice - 5.5/10

Big name Netflix movie starring Ryan Reynolds, Dwayne Johnson and Gal Gadot all doing their usual schtick so it's adequately entertaining but that's about it. Nothing special but passes the time if you turn your brain off.

Basically a comedy heist movie with faint Indiana Jones elements (which they even make a joke about).

1 hour ago, Araceliadams said:

Moldavite jewelry is glass that has a unique formation, and it appears translucent or transparent with swirls and bubbles inside that highlight the olive green color of the stone. The deep green in hues and intensely luminous appearance were created from the meteoric activity. The stone was formed 15 million years ago and is found in the Moldau River in the Czech river. Moldavite jewelry encourages strong communication, and it improves the memory and brain balancing quality, making the wearer look very pretty. So, get the most unique and astonishing Moldavite jewelry with Rananjay Exports.

Tha what?????

Multi Binge yesterday.

Jungle Cruise.

Infinite.

&

The Colour Room.

The Colour Room was undoubtedly the better of the three, but more of that later. 

Jungle Cruise (Disney). Unashamed Re make of the 'African Queen' with more than a touch of 'Indiana Jones' etc, etc, thrown in.

I'm never sure about Dwayne Johnson and for me his acting is as wooden as the boat in the film (wait till you see the state of it).

Emily Blunt will never be Mary Poppins but is sure an improvement on Katharine Hepburn (?) (I can feel the 🔪🔪's already).

Nice to see Benny Hill playing the part of the German Submarine Kaptain (:huh:).

There is a twist to the African Queen story line & at first you think Na! that'll not work, but it does, so bear with it.

Worth watching ? - Yes.

Probably goes on a little too long, but its worth it for the action scenes and scenery.  6.5/10.

(For me, action scenes have have that -  'F*** me, that's going to smart in the morning', feeling :bigsmile: this doesn't :sad:).

(& marked it down for that reason).

Infinite.

Reincarnation mumbo jumbo, full of action right from the start.

lots of Rat a tat tat of machine guns, clashing's of swords & Sci-fi action for those of you who like that sort of thing. 

Poor remake of 'Highlander' for my way of thinking.

Pick it to pieces (Especially the Aeroplane scene) or enjoy! 

Worth a 7/ 10 (ish).

the Colour Room.

Behind the scenes look at Clarice Cliff's struggle for recognition, in the not only male dominated, but small minded world of 1920's British pottery.

The film portrays some of the obstacles put in her way, but there is a lot of,  having to read behind the lines needed to understand what Clarice must have gone through to achieve recognition.

(It certainly wasn't handed to her on a plate) (Can't believe I've just done that :roll: :blush::blush:).

Somehow the film doesn't quite capture it and although it really does try, It fails on how repressive, dank and soot filed the whole pottery's must have been.

So, if you don't want the , Rat a Tat Tat of Machine guns, or the reworking of an old film well past its sell by date, try expanding your knowledge of one of our very own innovators - Clarice Cliff.

Probably not (every body's cup of tea :blush:) for everyone, but.

Well worth watching & for me and HTSBO an enjoyable 8/10.

Keep safe & binge responsibly 8) 

Edited by Rockers rule
-

No time to die 10/10,

absolutely loved the movie despite the sad ending

Dune 2021,

deleted after 40 minutes,  found it boring

On 13/11/2021 at 14:25, Funky_Gibbon said:

This is a film I've been looking forward to for a while but sadly haven't been able to find the time to see at the cinema. It's coming out on VOD next Friday though so I'll catch it then.

Been again this lunchtime. This time with m'wife. She was suitably freaked. Job done.

2 hours ago, croat77 said:

No time to die 10/10,

absolutely loved the movie despite the sad ending

Wow, I thought Skyfall was great, but No Time To Die was even better.

As others have said, it doesn't feel like a near-3 hour film because it moves so quick.

It's part James Bond, part Jason Bourne and part John Wick.

No Time To Die  was undoubtedly Craig's best Bond film yet . . . which I know isn't saying much, because apart from Skyfall, the others were naff, but if you're able to go see it, then you should.

Spoiler

Only downside is, the missile detonations at the end should have been much bigger and much more spectacular.  I've heard louder fireworks at Page Hall