Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

On 18/09/2021 at 19:08, Rockers rule said:

OLD

(2021)

Best movie of the year by far 10/10 +10/10

You won't be disappointed.

Had never heard of it and watched it because of this recommendation.

I was disappointed!

5/10

55 minutes ago, Norbert said:

Had never heard of it and watched it because of this recommendation.

I was disappointed!

5/10

Wow!

Disappointed?

Each to his own.

You couldn't have seen the twist coming.

Still rate it 10/10

Keep safe. 

No Time To Die - 8/10

Daniel Craig's final Bond movie. They could have trimmed the run-time a little bit but overall one of the better Bond films of recent years.

Dune 2021
The 1984 version is one of my fave pieces of cinema, and also here the book has been divided into two, so some mixed feelings going into the preview.
However it nails the scale, the characterization is precise and the graphics are both intriguing and inspiring.

Wonderful, 9/10

The Duke.   8/10

The true story of Kempton Bunton and the steeling of the Duke of Wellington painting by Goya in 1961.

With excellent acting from Jim Broadbent and Hellen Mirren this feel good movie is worth watching.

The humour of the court case is infectious and worth waiting for.

Keep safe

Justice league Snider Cut

2/10

So dull and dreary. I can't understand why people have raved about this terribly boring film. 

3 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Justice league Snider Cut

2/10

So dull and dreary. I can't understand why people have raved about this terribly boring film. 

Word, brother. Beyond dull. Prefer the actual version that had the cinema release. 

6 hours ago, wearysmith said:

Word, brother. Beyond dull. Prefer the actual version that had the cinema release. 

Yeah 100% agree

Don't get me wrong, the other version is still rather plodding and don't get me started on Supes CGI face but I'd say it's certainly a better film. 

Rise or the footsoldier :Origins , 6/10 

Another movie (fifth in the series) about the characters involved in Rettendon murders in 1995. And.this one, is actually, pretty fun mixture of c and f words, violence and drugs. Nothing to use your brain, but from escapistic point of view, this one is  nice  time waster. 

Edited by Guest

Another 8 out of 10 for Bond. Needs an interval. I needed a wee break and kept putting it off till squirming was no longer an option.

I genuinely don't know how they're going to start the next one.  I think chances of keeping the final 5th of the film secret are slim. I've already seen discussions on a couple of sites. My advice to anyone would be go see it quick if you don't want it ruined.

There has been talk before about setting Bond in the 60s again. Like an 'untold Bond stories' kind of thing. I think it's a marvellous idea. 

Edited by wearysmith

On 10/09/2021 at 01:36, Tipstaff said:

The Last Bus (Timothy Spall).  An excellent film!  A very skilled and heart-warming performance from Mr Spall.  An ending,  which very surprisingly,  made me cry. 9/10.

The Last Bus.

Disappointed :sad:

What is an Excellent story, or should be, was (IMO) poorly executed (& done on a budget).

You'd think someones trip from John o'Grouts to Lands End would encompass some of the scenery on the way down.

Ok, I didn't expect it to be a Travel program, but half the  filming could have been done in down town Attercliffe.

The blurb that Tom (Timothy Spall) reaches almost 'Cult' status on his journey is hardly touched on (emphasised).

Slight spoiler alert.

The scene where Tom gets chucked off a Bus in the middle of nowhere just doesn't make sense.

Why would the bus driver stop to check tickets part way through the journey (& in the middle of nowhere)?

& the end scene - well I shall only say - I'm not going to tell yer. 

The 'flash back' scenes are probably the better part of the film but even then that story line is vague to say the least.

Did Covid have anything to do with the lack of interaction between characters? 

Still worth watching, but could have been better. Don't expect too much 6/10 tops. 

Us Jock's must be made of sterner stuff.

I'd got the mans size Kleenex on standby but never even felt like opening them.

(I've got the receipt so they can go back t' shop in't morning) :hihi:

Keep safe out there.

Joker.  A super hero/comic book origin story? Sort of.  An excellent study of a man's crumbling mental health in an uncaring world? More so. But it was both and didn't really work as such. Joaquin Phoenix was superb, the rest drifted in and out. Pretty good but didn't warrant the hype. Might need another watch "to get it" but 7/10 at the first view.