Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

1 hour ago, hauxwell said:

Girl In The Basement

It’s based on true events about Elisabeth Fritzl who was imprisoned in the basement of her home by her father Josef Fritzl for over 20 years. 

After watching this film it makes you wonder how Elisabeth didn’t lose her sanity.  What a survivor she was.

6/10

Agreed, I'm sure I saw this story on the news some years ago,  I also recall in the seventies front page stuff about the Serpent I posted,  the stuff that goes on around us is remarkable,  maybe these stories may make us more aware  and pay more attention ,  I know in these two stories in question, if only someone seeing something out of the norm and reporting it could have nipped things in the bud,  I know its a case of wudda cudda shudda.

On 03/07/2021 at 00:28, Funky_Gibbon said:

Fear Street Part 1: 1994 - 7/10

Like a cross between Scream and Stranger Things.

Me and the good lady started watching  that last night . Turned off after  20 minutes .

30 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Me and the good lady started watching  that last night . Turned off after  20 minutes .

You both did well, after crawling out from behind the settee after just 5 minuets I would have reached for the romote then off,  Owt like that is Nightmaresville for me. :gag::hihi:

2 hours ago, hackey lad said:

So you're saying you'll not be watching Part 2 then?

...which I'd rate about 5/10

Seen one or two bits at Cineworld recently.

Including: Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds 7.5/10.

In The Heights 6.5/10

Black Widow 7/10

18 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Agreed, I'm sure I saw this story on the news some years ago,  I also recall in the seventies front page stuff about the Serpent I posted,  the stuff that goes on around us is remarkable,  maybe these stories may make us more aware  and pay more attention ,  I know in these two stories in question, if only someone seeing something out of the norm and reporting it could have nipped things in the bud,  I know its a case of wudda cudda shudda.

There seems to have been a few girls abducted and kept prisoner in Austria.  Elisabeth Fritzl was Austrian and so was Natascha Kampusch who was kept a prisoner for about 8 years, there was a film on TV about her ordeal earlier on this year. 

Your right about people not reporting something out of the norm.  When neighbour’s were interviewed after the two girls were rescued they said, well I thought it was a bit strange when I saw him doing such and such a thing, ….. but they never reported it.  I suppose it’s because It’s beyond comprehension that someone you know or talk to is capable of doing something so awful.

I watched the Serpent on TV at the beginning of the year.  Once I got used to the time jumping I also thought it was very good.

18 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

There seems to have been a few girls abducted and kept prisoner in Austria.  Elisabeth Fritzl was Austrian and so was Natascha Kampusch who was kept a prisoner for about 8 years, there was a film on TV about her ordeal earlier on this year. 

Your right about people not reporting something out of the norm.  When neighbour’s were interviewed after the two girls were rescued they said, well I thought it was a bit strange when I saw him doing such and such a thing, ….. but they never reported it.  I suppose it’s because It’s beyond comprehension that someone you know or talk to is capable of doing something so awful.

I watched the Serpent on TV at the beginning of the year.  Once I got used to the time jumping I also thought it was very good.

Yes a nightmare at the start with the time jumps but once you got used to it every thing fell  into place. Yes your right, its beyond peoples comprehension,  I once talk ed to an elderly neighbour who recalls seeing all the Tabloid news at the time about Christie, Hindley and Brady,  in them days it was hard to take in as opposed to these days where quite frankly nothing suprises me anymore.

On 05/07/2021 at 16:12, Bargepole23 said:

The Tomorrow War, on Amazon Prime......avoid, utter garbage

I've seen worse, but not many. Some interesting threads of a story but the direction was awful, the pace glacial and the battle at the end needlessly drawn out.

Timescape - 5.5/10

A 1992 Jeff Daniels-starring science fiction TV movie (also starring the little girl from Jurassic Park) about a hotel owner who gets a sudden influx of very strange guests that he soon finds out are time travelling tourists who get enjoyment out of witnessing all the greatest disasters in history.

21 hours ago, Funky_Gibbon said:

So you're saying you'll not be watching Part 2 then?

...which I'd rate about 5/10

If we couldnt  get into and watch part one ( think it was aimed at younger end of market)  , then chances of watching part two  are minimal .

The Marksman

Liam Neeson was in the film. He helps a young boy escape a Mexican drugs cartel.  It was okay but I had a feeling how the film was going to end.

6/10

The Italian Job

It’s the one with Michael Cain in it. I’ve watched the end of this film a few times but I’ve never really watched the film all the way through.  Although I knew how the film was going to end I enjoyed it.  It would be nice to know how they resolved their problem at the end of the film.  I don’t like  cliffhangers.

6/10