Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

On 18/06/2021 at 23:25, Mr Fisk said:

Interesting. 

Still, I do recall reading that in terms of the lethal injection not being 'ethical' especially if the substance used was not as effective - why should the one facing death be given a less painful ending.

The argument from some corners, was that these murderers never gave their victims a choice.

Because "we" are better humans than "them"

The Good, The Bad, The Weird - 8/10

Korean 'western', loosely homaging Sergio Leone's spaghetti westerns and set just before the start of WW2, about three men in the wilderness of Manchuria who compete with each other to possess a map to the buried treasure of the Qing Dynasty.

Haven't watched this one in years, forgot how much fun it is.

Edited by Funky_Gibbon

"The Ice Road" on Netflix/Amazon starring Liam Neeson...  5/10  and billed as a nail biting thriller.

Not much in the way of action or thrills and more like a B movie. Should have had a bottle of wine as I may have enjoyed it more! 

Boss level 9/10

An unexpected gem, Frank Grillo, Mel Gibson in a scifi cross between Groundhog day and Edge of tomorrow

Edited by ChrisIB

4 hours ago, ChrisIB said:

Boss level 9/10

An unexpected gem, Frank Grillo, Mel Gibson in a scifi cross between Groundhog day and Edge of tomorrow

Isn't Edge of Tomorrow just a scifi version of Groundhog Day?

I'll give Boss Level a watch, since I thought Edge of Tomorrow* and Groundhog Day were both good films.

*apart from the stupid love story they tried to squeeze in

Kind of but for me the difference was Edge loops each time he dies, Groundhog is focused on the humour of a day repeated.

Edited by ChrisIB

Into the Wild 9/10 - True story of Chris McCandless who lives a free life, exploring USA and dies alone in the wilderness in Alaska. Wonderful, tragically short life, and a great rendition of it here.

9 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

Into the Wild 9/10 - True story of Chris McCandless who lives a free life, exploring USA and dies alone in the wilderness in Alaska. Wonderful, tragically short life, and a great rendition of it here.

Short life !  Thanks for telling the ending,  now it will be a short film.  :loopy:

2 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Short life !  Thanks for telling the ending,  now it will be a short film.  :loopy:

Yeah, sorry about that. In my defence its not really a film where knowing the outcome will detract from it.

46 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Yeah, sorry about that. In my defence its not really a film where knowing the outcome will detract from it.

Just joking.   Your right, it is one of those type of films, knowing the outcome doesn't make much of a difference,  to be fair you can sense the bleak ending not too far into the film.  :thumbsup:

Fear Street Part 1: 1994 - 7/10

Like a cross between Scream and Stranger Things.