Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

18 hours ago, hauxwell said:

Yes it was a good film.  

When I saw the trailer on Netflix I was going to give it a miss but now im glad I didn't, cheers for the heads up.  :thumbsup:

The Father. 25/10.

Disturbingly  Devastating.

The best thing we've watch  in a long time.

You don't want to miss a single twist - so -

Don't blink, talk, go to the toilet or make a cup of tea. 

Anthony Hopkins,  Silence of the Lambs, The Worlds fastest Indian, etc, etc, etc.

Olivia Colman,  Broadchurch, the Crown etc, etc, etc.

Olivia Williams,   the brilliant, Counter part  & equally brilliant the Nevers.

Mark Gattis.  (the excellent) Good Omens, the League of Gentlemen, etc, etc, etc.

Imogen  Poots.  (the very, very strange) Vivarium.

Rufus Sewell,   the brilliant,  Man in the High Castle.

Ayesha Dharker,  the Indian Doctor, etc.

Roman Zeller

All pull together to make this one hell of a thought provoking film.

One of the Best Films Ever ? 

25 out of 10.

Watch & Decide.

Enjoy.

The Outpost  8/10

True story based on the Battle at Kamdesh, Afghanistan, involving US troops and the Taliban.

Very intense and excellent choreography, in addition to the actors playing the real life soldiers- particularly Scott Eastwood (dead handsome son of the great Clint).

Well worth a watch.

On 13/06/2021 at 21:14, Mr Fisk said:

The Outpost  8/10

True story based on the Battle at Kamdesh, Afghanistan, involving US troops and the Taliban.

Very intense and excellent choreography, in addition to the actors playing the real life soldiers- particularly Scott Eastwood (dead handsome son of the great Clint).

Well worth a watch.

I agree with that rating. Good film.

Hard to believe that they actually set up an outpost in a location like that.

12 hours ago, Funky_Gibbon said:

I agree with that rating. Good film.

Hard to believe that they actually set up an outpost in a location like that.

Agree, especially when the soldiers get to see the aerial view the Taliban had- unbelievable.

I watched the YouTube video of Romesha getting his medal of honour from Obama,  if you wanted to follow up on the real life interviews.

On 07/06/2021 at 22:30, PRESLEY said:

Just watched it,  really good film.

Same here, was very good.

I still can't understand how this killer/ rapist spent 30+ yrs on death row.

It's not like he didn't confess or there were holes in the investigation.

Crazy and a waste of taxpayers money!

Did Donald Trump’s administration have anything to do with Long’s execution?  There was a spree of executions when he was President.  He must have also thought what a  waste of taxpayers money keeping murderers on death row.

On 17/06/2021 at 14:25, Mr Fisk said:

Same here, was very good.

I still can't understand how this killer/ rapist spent 30+ yrs on death row.

It's not like he didn't confess or there were holes in the investigation.

Crazy and a waste of taxpayers money!

It's due to the time required to go through all the legal avenues for appealing against a death sentence. Since the 1970s about 180 people given a death sentence have later been exonerated by new evidence.

Another reason is that since 2010 European countries, including the UK, banned the export of certain chemicals to the US on ethical ground because they were only being used for lethal injections. This created a shortage in the US and prevent them from carrying out executions. In recent years certain US states have resorted to bring back electric chairs and firing squads.

35 minutes ago, Funky_Gibbon said:

Another reason is that since 2010 European countries, including the UK, banned the export of certain chemicals to the US on ethical ground because they were only being used for lethal injections. This created a shortage in the US and prevent them from carrying out executions. In recent years certain US states have resorted to bring back electric chairs and firing squads.

I remember reading that some US states couldn't get their hands hands on certain chemicals, so they had to resort to substitutes that didn't work quite as well; instead of giving the prisoner a quick death, they gave a slower, more agonising death instead.

But did they actially reinstate the firing squads?

10 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I remember reading that some US states couldn't get their hands hands on certain chemicals, so they had to resort to substitutes that didn't work quite as well; instead of giving the prisoner a quick death, they gave a slower, more agonising death instead.

But did they actially reinstate the firing squads?

It was reported yesterday that South Carolina are in the process of reinstating them now after a court ordered that prisoners should have the option because the electric chair is considered too cruel...

Edited by Funky_Gibbon

15 minutes ago, Funky_Gibbon said:

It was reported yesterday that South Carolina are in the process of reinstating them now after a court ordered that prisoners should have the option because the electric chair is considered too cruel...

the prisoners can choose their execution method?   Now that's what I call Freedom.

2 hours ago, Funky_Gibbon said:

It's due to the time required to go through all the legal avenues for appealing against a death sentence. Since the 1970s about 180 people given a death sentence have later been exonerated by new evidence.

Interesting. 

Still, I do recall reading that in terms of the lethal injection not being 'ethical' especially if the substance used was not as effective - why should the one facing death be given a less painful ending.

The argument from some corners, was that these murderers never gave their victims a choice.