Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Remo Williams: Unarmed and Dangerous - 7/10

I haven't seen this since I was a kid. Very silly plot but the film itself is enjoyable simply for Fred Ward's Remo and the acerbically funny Korean martial arts master Chiun.

Love and Monsters  7.5/10

Not my usual cup of tea but I really quite enjoyed this.

Good fun,  apocalyptic feel good nonsense, it’s well acted and has decent special effects. Great if you want to watch something you don’t have to think about too much!

9 hours ago, nikki-red said:

Love and Monsters  7.5/10

Not my usual cup of tea but I really quite enjoyed this.

Good fun,  apocalyptic feel good nonsense, it’s well acted and has decent special effects. Great if you want to watch something you don’t have to think about too much!

I tried with this. Stuck it for about 20 minutes but it didn't hold my interest. Turned it off. I intend to give it another go in a few days.

Departed,in my top 9/10.

4 hours ago, ukdobby said:

Departed,in my top 9/10.

Watched this for the 3rd time last Friday, excellent. 

Deliver Us From Evil (2020) - 6.5/10

An hitman on the verge of retirement travels to Thailand to try and locate a kidnapped child. Sort of like Taken but with a South Korean twist.

Sound of Metal   9/10

A drummer in a metal band starts to lose his hearing and has to make difficult decisions about his future.

Really great thought provoking film, with a title that I thought was a bit naff before I watched it, but now makes perfect sense.

Riz Ahmed is a fantastic actor, (I thoroughly recommend ’The Night of...’ if you haven’t seen it.)

Star Trek III: The Search For Spock 8/10.

One of the best of the original 6 Star Trek movies IMO, starring all of the original crew including Bill Shatner and the late Leonard Nimoy.

On 08/05/2021 at 20:13, nikki-red said:

Sound of Metal   9/10

A drummer in a metal band starts to lose his hearing and has to make difficult decisions about his future.

Really great thought provoking film, with a title that I thought was a bit naff before I watched it, but now makes perfect sense.

Riz Ahmed is a fantastic actor, (I thoroughly recommend ’The Night of...’ if you haven’t seen it.)

Great suggestion.

Wrath of Man

7/10

A Guy Ritchie film starring Jason Stratham, doing what he does best- killing people.

This time around he is after a security van heist gang, who happened to have got too personal. 

Nothing compares to Heat, but the shootout at the security depot, is done well.

On 01/05/2021 at 20:08, Funky_Gibbon said:

Tom Clancy's Without Remorse  - 5/10

(Amazon Prime)

Firstly, this is Without Remorse (the novel) in the same way that Brad Pitt's World War Z is the same as Max Brook's novel - they share a title, maybe a few character names and a very basic concept but apart from that there is nothing remotely similar about them and the film is all the worse for it because the novel Without Remorse is excellent and I've been waiting 25 years for someone to film it.

Instead we get this generic geopolitical action thriller with a silly plot, phoned-in acting and some confusing direction in what they clearly hope will become the start of a Rainbow Six franchise.

It's not a terrible film and has some decent action and maybe someone who is less invested in the character and who isn't so disappointed about the waste of a good story will rate it higher but that someone isn't me.

I'm not invested in the characters at all, but sadly I can't rate it any higher.

I even read Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, several years ago mind you, and I thought it was alright, but I couldn't see what all the fuss was about.

Anyway, the action scenes of Without Remorse were very good but the rest of the acting didn't grip me at all and I was really turned off by the home invasion at the start of the film.  That was disturbing.  I know I'm not supposed to like it, and I'm not away giving any spoilers, but that was just gratuitous.  Did the baddies have to . . . y'know, do what they did?

Judging by all the political nonsense that was shoehorned into the film between the action scenes, it look the Russkies are now our enemies again.  Yippee.

Yes, it looks like we're being set up for plenty more sequels . . .

On 01/05/2021 at 19:30, Mr Fisk said:

Nobody   8.5/10

This movie is 90 mins pure adrenaline..a proper old school action film with shooting galore.

A quiet family man who leads a very mundane life, who appears to have no ambition or connection with his family- awakens his 'inner self' when he happens to cross paths with the Russian mob.

If Liam Neeson's Taken series of films is the cinematic equivalent of The Bourne Retirement, then I guess Mr Nobody takes the title of The Bourne Midlife Crisis.