Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Sentinelle - 5/10

A French soldier, traumatised, addicted to painkillers and increasingly unstable after her experiences in Syria, is redeployed into back to her home town of Nice to work as part of the anti-terrorism patrol Sentinel programme. After her sister is hurt she decides to hunt down the person responsible.

A reasonably decent but nothing special revenge action thriller that is seriously let down by how little sense the ending made. I would not be at all surprised to learn it'd been tacked on later by someone other than the director or script writer.

Tenet, 5/10 - bit of action but otherwise impenetrable pseudo scientific rubbish.

Fisherman's Friends 9/10, great songs, great story, everything, apparently there's a sequel out on Friday.

7 minutes ago, MrAllen2K21 said:

Fisherman's Friends 9/10, great songs, great story, everything, apparently there's a sequel out on Friday.

Should’ve been Friday, delayed till 2022 now.

On 03/03/2021 at 22:42, Bargepole23 said:

A Taxi Driver. 9/10. Based on real events in Gwangju, S.Korea in 1980. Those real events were the murders of hundreds of protesters by the Army, and the filming of them by a German reporter, helped by a taxi driver.

Definitely worth watching.

Yes I watched this sometime ago and it's very good.

Song Kang-ho is a brilliant actor and you should catch his other movies like Parasite, Memories of Murder and The Host- to name a few.

26 minutes ago, Mr Fisk said:

Yes I watched this sometime ago and it's very good.

Song Kang-ho is a brilliant actor and you should catch his other movies like Parasite, Memories of Murder and The Host- to name a few.

Memories of Murder is great.

Coming 2 America 

Remember the hype with Blues Brothers 2000?  The challenge it had to be a sequel to an absolute classic? The way that even though they threw in as many big names as they could, it just didn't work?   Same here. 

Highlight for me was the wonderful Gladys Knight singing and the "deepfake" / CGI they used to fill in some gaps from the original.

5/10

5 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Coming 2 America 

Remember the hype with Blues Brothers 2000?  The challenge it had to be a sequel to an absolute classic? The way that even though they threw in as many big names as they could, it just didn't work?   Same here. 

Highlight for me was the wonderful Gladys Knight singing and the "deepfake" / CGI they used to fill in some gaps from the original.

5/10

Unfortunately this made me cringe more than laugh. For me the four old guys in the barbers shop was the best bit.

Me too, although goodness knows how they'd all still be alive 33 years on!

Just watched the historical drama 'Peterloo,' directed by Mike Leigh with Maxine Peake and Rory Kinnear, about the 1819 bloody Massacre that took place in Manchester.

Overlong, (needs at least an hour edited out of its running length,) but a very good film nonetheless, about an important event that has been ignored for too long.

I'd recommend a viewing. I wonder why they don't teach it more in British schools? 

Edited by Anna B

Deadly Pursuit (1988) - 6/10

Kidnapper-murderer flees with some stolen diamonds and tries to escape into Canada via some wilderness mountain paths whilst being pursued by Sidney Poitier's FBI agent and Tom Berenger, his local guide.

I remember watching this as a kid and liking it so much I made my parents rent it from the video shop again. Now older and wiser (definitely the first one anyway) I can see it for the mostly average action thriller it really is. Good cast through.