Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Songbird.   5/10

Just finished this. It was ok, watchable enough I suppose.
Quite depressing that it’s about covid23, half the population are dead and the rest have been in lockdown for years, but hey ho 🙄
Not sure why they thought it was a good idea to release this now, or even make it at all, but it’s not the worst film I’ve ever seen...

6 hours ago, nikki-red said:

Songbird.   5/10

Just finished this. It was ok, watchable enough I suppose.
Quite depressing that it’s about covid23, half the population are dead and the rest have been in lockdown for years, but hey ho 🙄
Not sure why they thought it was a good idea to release this now, or even make it at all, but it’s not the worst film I’ve ever seen...

I think I'll give that a miss....

Outside The Wire - 6.5/10

The latest scifi movie released by Netflix about a US military drone pilot who is sent into a warzone in Ukraine, the first warzone in which robot soldiers are being deployed by both sides. He's teamed up with Anthony Mackie to hunt down a local warlord who is trying to get control of old Russian nuclear missiles.

In many ways it's the standard Netflix scifi movie, decent enough but nothing particularly ambitious or flashy. However I gave it an extra 0.5 points for the philosophical issues raised about warfare where the human element is increasingly removed and AI makes the decisions.

The beloved & I have been waiting for this since we saw the ad at Cineworld a pandemic ago.

Loads of fun. Dan Stevens is no Rex Harrison, but it's more than worth a watch. Emilia Fox, Judi Dench and Julian Rhind-Tutt are top drawer in anything, and the Yank lass, Leslie Mann, glows as the vampy vivacious Elvira. 
Loses a few points for not being in black & white 😀.   8/10

MV5BZjhjNjVmNGYtOTU2MC00ZTJlLTg5ZjMtNDk5MjZmYmVhMWEyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODE5NzE3OTE@._V1_.jpg
Edited by nikki-red

[IMG]

Just watched this on Sky. I'm not sure I saw the point. I mean, it's pleasant enough. Passed an hour or so unobtrusively. Interesting soundtrack. I just didn't get it. A semi-formed film with no discernible pay-off. Might give it a few months and go back for a re-watch. See if it becomes clearer.

A 5 and no more.

The Dark and the Wicked   7/10

I enjoyed this. It doesn’t have much of a plot really but it’s quite creepy and actually made me jump a few times.

I loved the fact that it was filmed on Bryan Bertinos family farm too.

Im constantly disappointed by new horror so 7 is a decent score from me.

On 15/01/2021 at 18:26, Funky_Gibbon said:

Outside The Wire - 6.5/10

The latest scifi movie released by Netflix about a US military drone pilot who is sent into a warzone in Ukraine, the first warzone in which robot soldiers are being deployed by both sides. He's teamed up with Anthony Mackie to hunt down a local warlord who is trying to get control of old Russian nuclear missiles.

In many ways it's the standard Netflix scifi movie, decent enough but nothing particularly ambitious or flashy. However I gave it an extra 0.5 points for the philosophical issues raised about warfare where the human element is increasingly removed and AI makes the decisions.

I watched this and thought it was guff. Ill give 2 points for the photogenic Eastern European power stations giving it a total 4/10. 

Different strokes for different folks!

On 24/01/2021 at 16:47, nikki-red said:

The Dark and the Wicked   7/10

I enjoyed this. It doesn’t have much of a plot really but it’s quite creepy and actually made me jump a few times.

I loved the fact that it was filmed on Bryan Bertinos family farm too.

Im constantly disappointed by new horror so 7 is a decent score from me.

Is this on DVD Nikki? I wouldn't mind seeing it

14 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

I watched this and thought it was guff. Ill give 2 points for the photogenic Eastern European power stations giving it a total 4/10. 

Different strokes for different folks!

I might have been in a good mood when I wrote the review...

download.jpg

Another one which is pointless/hard work.
Basic premise; A man unhappy with his own life tries to reconnect his distant best friend with the one that got away. Best thing about it is the West Coast scenery. Only reason I stayed with it to be honest. 4/10
Edited by nikki-red

The Dig - 7.5/10

Based on the novel by John Preston and starring Ralph Fiennes, Carey Mulligan and Lily James, the story of the discovery and excavation of the Sutton Hoo hoard in the summer months before the start of World War II. A quiet, gentle but surprisingly emotional story with the cast doing a great job of bring the anxieties, losses and joys of their characters to life.

The Little Things  6.5/10

You can't ignore a Denzil Washington film and in this movie, he again just shows his class.

A good star cast including Remi Malik and Jared Leto.

Ex detective Washington helps young upcoming LA detective, played by Remi, to find a serial killer - possibly the same one Washington investigated 5 years ago.