Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Alive 8/10

This is a South Korean movie 2020.

If you like Zombie films, you must watch.

Decent acting, humorous at times and plenty of thrills thrown in. Much better than some crap zombie movies of late.

Edited by Guest

A Most Violent Year...shady and not so shady dealings set in the 80s New York heating oil supply trade.

8/10 for an enjoyable watch.

The Deep....an Icelandic film about a fisherman who survives an immersion in the sea, based on a true story.

Worth a watch.

Precinct 75....a documentary film about a bent NYC policeman. 

Very good, definitely worth your time to watch.

Edited by Bargepole23

It's that time again.....

Here's one I watch every year; 'Chasing Christmas'. 
Some of you will have seen it. Contains one of my favourite lines. A distraught Ghost Of Christmas Past (Leslie Jordan) is having an existential breakdown. His mark, the world-weary Tom Arnold, is having none of the Dickens crap he’s being fed. Jordan flips out.
Arnold, taking pity, looks at him and says “Did you forget to take your meds...?”.
Makes me laugh every time.

You’ll (Yule?) find it easily enough on one of the seasonal Sky channels.
Sadly, due to incredibly poor writing, poor Tom doesn’t get the girl in the end. Everyone deserves Andrea Roth after a bad day 😀.  For this glaring piece of insanity, I give it only 8/10.

Bewitched. And it was AWFUL. I know I'm a tad late to the party on this one. I avoided it like the plague at the time as I can't stand Will Ferrell.

Spotted it was on NETFLIX and there was nothing else on so..... Bad bad move. Grievous error. I should have kept on flicking. What was Kidman thinking about, getting involved with this dross? Never say never, but I'm fairly convinced it'll never darken my screen again.

Quality and script, a zero. Gets a 9 for Kidman's legs 😀 

[IMG]

Enola Homes. Not bad. It’s got a good enough period feel but it’s just a vehicle for Millie Bobby Brown, who is a very good young actress but not enough to carry the rest of them, who are frankly wasted. 

2 hours ago, wearysmith said:

Bewitched. And it was AWFUL. I know I'm a tad late to the party on this one. I avoided it like the plague at the time as I can't stand Will Ferrell.

Spotted it was on NETFLIX and there was nothing else on so..... Bad bad move. Grievous error. I should have kept on flicking. What was Kidman thinking about, getting involved with this dross? Never say never, but I'm fairly convinced it'll never darken my screen again.

Quality and script, a zero. Gets a 9 for Kidman's legs 😀 

[IMG]

I could tell this film would be crud just by the way it was marketed, so I've never felt the need to watch this - but I loved the TV series, it's  brilliant.

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

I could tell this film would be crud just by the way it was marketed, so I've never felt the need to watch this - but I loved the TV series, it's  brilliant.

Yeah, the series was a big hit when I was a nipper.  We loved it. Some things just shouldn’t be touched. Not everything needs reinventing. That said, Kidman could have been a marvellous Samantha but it needed a far better script and a leading actor that isn’t like fingernails down a blackboard.

Ashfall - 7/10

Korean disaster/action popcorn fodder about a volcano that erupts on the China/North Korea border that causes massive earthquakes throughout the Korean peninsula. Scientists tell the Government that if the largest magma chamber erupts the earthquakes will levels most of the cities. Maverick scientist guy tell the Korean government that he's been working on a plan to prevent volcanic eruptions, the catch being that it will take a nuclear explosion to work and the only nukes available are in North Korea and they'd need to send a military bomb disposal team into North Korea to steal them.

Yes it's a dumb plot and there are many plotholes but it's also entertainingly dumb and the special effects are as good as anything I've seen from Hollywood for this type of film.

On 26/10/2020 at 19:24, tinfoilhat said:

If you watch Court TV you'll understand. If you watch that you'll be hard pressed not to think the American justice system is utterly bonkers.

Yes gott ya!  But this judges behaviour was absoloutly deprlorable, how ever charges  were not  brought against him or a retribution attempt from the Black Panther movement didn't happen is beyond me. ( not advocating that by the way)

The Nile Hilton Incident, police procedural set in Cairo, Arabic with subtitles, very good.

The Connection, set in 1970s Marseille, about a judge fighting drug dealers, French with subtitles, excellent film

Tenet (2020) ..what a hell, confusing movie with no plot,  I deleted it on airplane scene.  1/10

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, croat77 said:

Tenet (2020) ..what a hell, confusing movie with no plot,  I deleted it on airplane scene.  1/10

That's one reason I usually end up giving up on Christopher Nolan's mindbending 'sci fi thrillers'.

I watched around 30mins of it few months ago and then had enough. Had no clue what was going on.