Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Burden  8/10

The true story of Mike Burden, brought up by the KKK.

Well acted, compelling, emotional and sadly still all too relevant today.

Just watched a film called Trafficked on Prime, it’s not a great film but it’s based on a true story and real people. 
Millions are trafficked to be used as sex slaves, 100,000 living in the US alone.
The average age of entering the sex trade is 14.

Absolutely shocking.

6/10

On 20/10/2020 at 11:43, PRESLEY said:

I hope the part where the Judge ordered the Black Guy to be beaten, chained and gagged  was fitcion  rather than fact,  if true  I hope the Judge was severly reprimanded/sacked whatever,  it was disgusting. I remember seeing these protest at the time, so it was a good insight to the aftermath, Great film tho. :thumbsup:

I think that part of the film is based upon what Bobby Seale's said happened to him and from the court transcripts. It  was apparently worse than what was shown on screen as the judge had him chained and gagged in the court room for several days.

9 minutes ago, Funky_Gibbon said:

I think that part of the film is based upon what Bobby Seale's said happened to him and from the court transcripts. It  was apparently worse than what was shown on screen as the judge had him chained and gagged in the court room for several days.

Truely shocking behaviour from a Judge, just dont know how he didn't get dis barred. :roll:

Alone (2020 movie)

8/10

I really got stuck into this from the set go as it had the right blend to keep you 👀.

A woman recently widowed, is making a long journey  to her folks place- but is constantly bumping into a strange man who seems to be pursuing her.

What transpires is a game of survival.

6 minutes ago, Mr Fisk said:

Alone (2020 movie)

8/10

I really got stuck into this from the set go as it had the right blend to keep you 👀.

A woman recently widowed, is making a long journey  to her folks place- but is constantly bumping into a strange man who seems to be pursuing her.

What transpires is a game of survival.

Ive been wanting to watch this, it’s a remake of ‘Gone’ from 2011.

Anyone watched athlete A   .?  Fancy watching it if it’s any good 

51 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

Ive been wanting to watch this, it’s a remake of ‘Gone’ from 2011.

I think if its the one with Amanda Seyfield, that was 2012 and story isn't a remake, but may have some similar tones.

This one has good reviews compared to the above.

9 minutes ago, Mr Fisk said:

I think if its the one with Amanda Seyfield, that was 2012 and story isn't a remake, but may have some similar tones.

This one has good reviews compared to the above.

It’s a Swedish film.

6 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Truely shocking behaviour from a Judge, just dont know how he didn't get dis barred. :roll:

If you watch Court TV you'll understand. If you watch that you'll be hard pressed not to think the American justice system is utterly bonkers.

21 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

It’s a Swedish film.

Ok researched that and you're correct- there was a Swedish original. 

Not surprised it got re- made by Hollywood,  as a lot of European movies do.

There may have been some changes to that one but I couldn't compare, as not seen the Swedish version.