Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

On 14/07/2020 at 22:27, PRESLEY said:

Excellent film, looks like there is going to be a sequel. 

Yes it does  just hope they can create the same impact as first one.

Greyhound 

Not impressed, 

Lot's of shouting of coordinates, Yes Sir's - No Sir's - fetch me this, fetch me that and the loud background music being played to try to give the film a sense of urgency I found more annoying than anything.

didn't work for me & I wouldn't recommend it personally but each to his own. 

low 5/10 

COMA (2019)

An architect wakes up in a mixed up world with fellow coma sufferers fighting for their existence.

Excellent filming and an unusual story line that works.

Lots of special effects and action through out.

The underline story is good and the bad guys are about as spooky bad as you can get.

Sub titles or dubbed but Hey Ho! still worth watching.  8+ /10.

Terminator Dark fate - (2019)

finally caught up with this and well worth the wait.

Ignoring Terminator Genisys and the poor TV series I loved the first three films and it was nice to see Sarah Conner up to her fighting best in this one.

the film is probably full of holes with some of the time line issues BUT well worth it and would be excellent to  binge watch them all in one go.

Great cast and filming.

Fully Recommended  9+ 10 

Enjoy.

One I've watched today on Sky: a Hugh Jackman/HBO film called 'Bad Education' (about misappropriation of school funds). 
Wasn't overly fussed by the spiel and the ad, but HBO's generally a pointer towards quality so I gave it a go. 
Very glad I did. Jackman's acting is understated yet gripping and the script (based on a true story) is compelling. Couldn't turn it off.
An easy 7 - at least.
See the source image
Edited by wearysmith

Host    7/10

I only watched this because it was short (57 mins) but I ended up really enjoying it.

6 friends on lockdown have a Zoom get together every week, taking it in turns to choose an activity...

Host Poster

Unfriended: Dark Web    8/10

Same as Host, this is all played out on laptop screens etc.

I thought it was great, it took a while to get going but by the end I was almost literally on the edge of my seat 

Unfriended: Dark Web Poster

Edited by nikki-red

wave_jpg_750x400_crop_q85.jpg

Sky's on a roll recently. After months of rubbish they seem to be offering a lot of quite interesting left-of-centre flicks. Just watched this. Well worth a viewing.

Bloke decides he can't stand another night in the house with his judgemental wife so he goes out. Gets roofied at a party. Evening spirals unbelievably out of control. It has 'Seven Pounds' undertones. Doesn't go where I expected. Marvellous effects!

Happy to award a 7.

………….. and 'The Kindness Of Strangers'. Only watched this as the beloved and I are huge fans of Bill Nighy's work.

It's one of those 'domino' films. How one small action has serious/important repercussions on other people. 

Simple enough premise; wife goes on the run with her two children to escape the brutality of her police officer husband and ends up homeless on the streets of New York. Sounds cheerful eh? Well it isn't. It's harrowing. It's provocative and unnerving. And brave.

Another 'worthy' watch.

9 out of 10 for forcing the viewer to confront unpleasant truths. 

(Worry not - there's a happy ending 🙂)

See the source image

Edited by wearysmith

Da 5 Bloods   7.5/10

Four Afro-American Vietnam war veterans return to Vietnam to search for the remains of their squadron leader, and find the buried gold they lost.

Spike Lee directs that has plenty of deep messages that could not have arrived at a better point in American history.

Its over 2 hours long and sometimes drags, but the acting is top notch- especially Delroy Lindo. 

Project Power  6.5/10

Just released by Netflix.

A power drug that is being sold on the streets gives users 5 minutes  of a 'super power' or it can be destructive and kill you.

Stars Jamie Foxx , who is searching for the source -as his daughter happens to be at the centre of it all.

New

Last night; 'Safe House', Ryan Reynolds & Denzel Washington.
It was my 2nd attempt. Tried a little while back and found the 100mph cut/edit in the first 10 mins unbearable. Flashing about everywhere. It was done too fast and was giving me headache. Gave up on it. Tried again yesterday.
Standard spy film. Don't need to see it again. I'm being REALLY generous giving it a 2 out of 10

See the source image