Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

3 From Hell   4/10

I was looking forward to this but was quite disappointed.
It cant have been easy with the last minute character and plot changes due to Sid Haigs illness (RIP) but the new 3 just dont seem to gel at all.
Theres not much of a story and its really quite tame compared to the first two. 
Also, shes never been much of an actor IMO but Sheri Moon Zombie really irritated me.

Terminator Dark Fate  6/10

I wanted to really like this but it's a tired franchise- best to end it on this.

Action scenes are second to none though the SFX is a little OTT in my opinion.

Ghostbusters. The original and best. Most of the special effects look a bit wonky now but I still think it’s brilliant, Bill Murray in particular. They don’t make em like this anymore 1984/10

The standoff at sparrow creek. No special effects here, a stripped back who done it of sorts involving American militia. Ensemble cast starring that guy in that series you like supported by the guy who is in thingy, and it’s mostly filmed in a warehouse. But don’t let that put you off - so was  reservoir dogs.  It’s not reservoir dogs but it had an interesting storyline and the paired down production values added rather than took away. But, oddly for a film now days, it was too short (not often I type that) and the characters needed padding out and short run time didn’t afford that. Nearly brilliant, but not quite. 7/10

Zulu 10/10

Awesome film. Even now when the Zulus appear on the hillside it sends a shiver down your spine

Bedevilled (2010)  7.5/10

Another fantastic Korean movie that although slow at times, builds up to the climax you expect.

Its also touching/ sad  because the focus is on the way some cultures treat their womenfolk. Much of this film revolves around one woman who has endured years of abuse, physical and mental.

For the SF Korean movie fans- go catch this one.

On 04/11/2019 at 07:33, redbig said:

Zulu 10/10

Awesome film. Even now when the Zulus appear on the hillside it sends a shiver down your spine

Now you have me singing and whisling "Men Of Harlech", Lol. Seriously though that film is classic.

Only The Brave 8/10 . The high rating is not for the script or the acting but for subject matter and the men portrayed(true story). I honestly almost turned it off a couple of times thinking this is going to be a buddy buddy film , ,typical American ra ra and high fives, but I was so glad I stuck it out. A stunning story.

The Irishman    8/10

Surely to please the Mafia movie fans or followers of Scorcese and De Niro- I fit in both categories.

Enjoyable romp of 3 hrs which dwells in to the Hoffa links more than anything else.

2 hours ago, Mr Fisk said:

The Irishman    8/10

Surely to please the Mafia movie fans or followers of Scorcese and De Niro- I fit in both categories.

Enjoyable romp of 3 hrs which dwells in to the Hoffa links more than anything else.

Yeah, good to see De Niro and Pesci back as gangster buddies. Thought Pacino was a bit over the top as Hoffa, but he seemed to be having fun with it.I think your rating is about right, but like you I am a fan of the genre and of the Scorcese, De Niro and Keitel combo.

3 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Yeah, good to see De Niro and Pesci back as gangster buddies. Thought Pacino was a bit over the top as Hoffa, but he seemed to be having fun with it.I think your rating is about right, but like you I am a fan of the genre and of the Scorcese, De Niro and Keitel combo.

I wanted to see more of Keitel as Angelo Bruno, but he wasn't a key part.

Agree about Pacino going a bit OTT with the Hoffa character.  Unless testimony from people who knew him, said he was like that- I thought Pacino was reincarnated as Tony Montana.

12 minutes ago, Mr Fisk said:

I wanted to see more of Keitel as Angelo Bruno, but he wasn't a key part.

Agree about Pacino going a bit OTT with the Hoffa character.  Unless testimony from people who knew him, said he was like that- I thought Pacino was reincarnated as Tony Montana.

Yeah, I never did see Jack Nicholson in the film Hoffa but wouldn't mind tracking it down to see how Jack portrayed the guy.

Half way through Ad Astra, but very impressed so far 7/10.

It seems to be getting panned by audiences for being boring, but I found it a decent slow burner, much in the same way as Arrival and Interstellar.

The cinematography is stunning, on a par with 2001.

Perhaps some people just want low-brow gung ho action shooters.