Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

On 21/09/2019 at 20:25, croat77 said:

RAMBO: LAST BLOOD , 10/10

Forget all you read about this movie from rubbish critics all over the net,

this is pure action old school movie and perfect way to finish the serial.

Hats down to Sly, he is 73 y old and still looks and acts amazing.

Really enjoyed this one, will definitely watch again as soon it arrive on Sky/Netflix.

It is, what it is. Action movie, not reference to Trump, Putin, Brexit, climate change  or whatever,

its just good old fashioned fun!

I wouldn't go 10/10,  but it definitely rates high on pure no bull action.

Felt the last 3rd kind of went too quick - but overall a proper old school film.

Spider-Man : in to the spider-verse. Animated, and none the worse for it (bar the fit inducing big fight near the end) but funny in the right places and a different take on the origin story which has been done 20 times before. 7.5/10

Hotel Mumbai. True story about terrorist attacks in Mumbai, but it did seem to drag. It could have been because the terrorist attack lasted for two days, at times this felt like it as well. 6/10

Joker 8/10

The performance from Joaquin Phoenix is very good, which critics have said already .

The film is dark, and does play on the mindset - on how this is almost real for some people.

I like how this movie dwells in to how the character becomes the Joker- something not done before.

1 hour ago, Mr Fisk said:

Joker 8/10

The performance from Joaquin Phoenix is very good, which critics have said already .

The film is dark, and does play on the mindset - on how this is almost real for some people.

I like how this movie dwells in to how the character becomes the Joker- something not done before.

How does he rate against Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight because that performance was absolutely stunning?

12 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

How does he rate against Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight because that performance was absolutely stunning?

It's unfair to compare the two in my opinion.

Heath Ledger did a sensational job as the Joker,  but in his prime.

Joaquin is fantastic in bringing out the creation of Joker. You do kind of feel sorry for him in this version.

Anyway, hats off to the both of them would be my assessment.

What is interesting I noticed, was that in actual fact Joker is at least 10-12 years older than Batman (Bruce Wayne). When you go back to the 60s version, that Joker probably fits in right.

You see a young Bruce Wayne in this film, meeting Arthur Flack (AKA Joker).

Edited by Guest
addition

Checking out YouTube the other night, we found the following full length film starring Simon Pegg, "Kill Me Three Times." 

Pegg plays a hit man on a job in Australia.  Also stars Aussie actor, Bryan Brown. 

Very original story lines, unexpectedly funny, black humour.

Made in 2014 but never seen it before, would recommend.  I'd give it a 6.5/10.

Edited by Baron99

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie. 8/10

If you liked BB then you will probably like this as it adds a bit to the story about what happened to Jesse Pinkman. Not much action and a bit slow paced in parts but as a BB fan I enjoyed it.

Laundromat - 7/10

Very much in the same style as The Big Short but not quite as funny, this star-studded  film, ostensibly about the Mossack Fonseca scandal, explains through a number of vignettes a kind of scams that companies and individuals use to hide money from taxation or from debts they owe to others.

I wholeheartedly recommend a film called Exhibit A, the entire film is available for free on YouTube. In my opinion it is the most accurate (non Hollywood!) depiction of a man experiencing gradual emotional disintegration, with catastrophic consequences. Also, it is set and filmed entirely in Yorkshire, which kind of adds to its uniquely unnerving quality.  

I would like to know what people think.

Terminator: Dark Fate

Have always been drawn to this franchise so there I was on the opening day to see a slightly rusty looking Schwarzenegger and Grandma Hamilton (carrying a gun the size of a fully grown Christmas tree), Hollywood's geriatric set, do Groundhog day. For our salvation.
A rehash of one and two, from the director of Deadpool, it lacks Cameron’s flare.

Dolemite Is My Name - 9/10

Really enjoyed this. Eddie Murphy back on top form with this great movie on Netflix. The story of Rudy Ray Moore aka Dolemite, an aging singer whose dream of stardom never happened until he created a foul-mouthed comedy character called Dolemite that after a lot of self-promoting launches him into minor stardom and then onto the dream of making his own Dolemite Blaxspoitation movie.

Wounds  3/10

It started off ok, quite slow but vaguely interesting.
It then just becomes a mess of events that have no meaning or explanation. All quite pointless.

In fact when it went off I thought I mustve actually missed something somewhere because I didnt have a clue what had just happened.
Only gave it a 3 because of a great performance by Armie Hammer.