Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

I last saw what about Bob (1991) and I rate it 7/10 I guess....... (I dont like anything newer from Rich)

Trust me, it is terrible! We thought it'd be brill as the reviewers are raving about it. I think they have well & truly had our pants down with this one!

Oh dear, shame really considering the trailer is pretty cool.

Oh dear, shame really considering the trailer is pretty cool.

The trailer has the only good bits in it. I was sucked in by the trailer!

:hihi::hihi:

Hereditary....1/10. One of the worst films I've ever seen! Don't believe all the hype. It's slow, boring and definitely not scary. We went expecting to pee our pants with fear but ended up laughing through most of it because it was just so daft. We waited all the way to the end for the "really disturbing" bits but there wasn't any. Cack!

Agree with 1 /10

Just been to see it, and it was awful. What on earth film critics saw in it I don't know....:huh:

Got to agree, was expecting it to be scary. Very slow to get going, although I thought it was okish once it did get going but then the ending was such a let down. 3/10

Got to agree, was expecting it to be scary. Very slow to get going, although I thought it was okish once it did get going but then the ending was such a let down. 3/10

I think that there probably is some logic, (if twisted and obscure) to the ending - in that there are a number of sequences in the main body of the film that foreshadow the ending. However those are so oblique, that they made little sense.

I have read Hereditary being compared to the Babadook, which is just nonsense. The Babadook is a superior film in every way. It has a coherence, a sense of individuality and a visceral nature that Hereditary just does not have.

Ghostland 9/10

Finally a good new horror film! Its from the director of Martyrs (2008 ) so was never going to be comfortable viewing but I really liked this.

Edited by nikki-red

I last saw MAKRED MAN (1996) on VHS :)

7/10

Had another horror mini binge yesterday.

Sinister: In this film you have to believe the lead character is scared. Ethan Hawke plays his role very well. 8/10

The Last Shift: A lone female police officer does her first shift in a closing down police station...that has secrets. Don't have a clue who the actors are but worth a good 6.5/10

The Autopsy of Jane Doe: Farther and Son coroner duo get a late night visit from the police with a Jane Doe. They need an autopsy doing straight away. Things don't quite go to plan. Another "worth a look" IMO 7/10

How to talk to girls at parties 6/10

Set in the punk era, I enjoyed this but it was a bit thin on content and could have been so much better. A good performance by Nicole Kidman, and despite it being set in Croydon has some nice bits of Hyde Park Flats and a few other Sheffield locations.

The Strangers 2 - Prey at Night 7/10

I actually quite enjoyed this.

The first one is the only film Ive ever watched that even came close to scaring me, it wasnt one particular thing about it, more a combination of things.

This didnt scare me at all, but its still a decent film in its own right.

Good soundtrack too.