Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Wild Oats - Jessica Lange, Billy Connelly - I thought this was really good, lots of laughs and leaves you with a good feeling.

Café Society - Slow to begin but definitely worth a watch. Pity they cast the awful Kristen Stewart who is a wooden as ever.

Florence Foster Jenkins - Great film & will make you laugh out loud. Meryl Streep is an amazing actress and she doesn't disappoint in this.

Summer Villa - god only knows how I ended up watching a Hallmark movie but I liked this one, set in the south of France and is quite a good chick flick.

Not a movie but a new series - The Exorcist - very scary and compels you to watch more, good series from the start, good actors and can't wait to see more of it.

Edited by fridayfeelin
added more

Swedish (ie original version) of The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo. 9/10 very good and a lot less hollywood than the English/American version. (warning: rape scene about quarter of the way through).

Swedish (ie original version) of The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo. 9/10 very good and a lot less hollywood than the English/American version. (warning: rape scene about quarter of the way through).

I've watched the trilogy of the Swedish versions and whilst all good films I think David Fincher did a good job of TGWTDT and its in no way a lesser film.

Der Anstandige - 7/10 - Documentary about Heinrich Himmler put together using stock footage and transcripts of letters and diary entires found in his home, chilling with some quite disturbing footage.

Edited by top4718

Watched a good oldie (1971) for the first time since it first aired on TV. This film marked Spielberg's first attempt at directing i.e. DUEL starring Dennis Weaver a red Plymouth and an antsy tanker driver. Forgot how spare this movie was, but it was well done and you could cut the tension with a knife 9/10

Edited by TORONTONY
spelling error

Mardi Gras Massacre (1978) - I've been watching some of the original films on the 80's nasties list and most are truly awful with this being up there with the worst. A killer (who's a dreadful actor) is sacrificing prostitutes that he picks up in bars backed by some truly bizarre music, inept cops and the same quite gory (though low budget) murder scene repeated 3 times for different victims.

Atrocious. :hihi::hihi:

Girl on the Train 6/10 - good twist, should have been 20 minutes shorter though.

Paul - 7.5/10 - funny.

Watched a good oldie (1971) for the first time since it first aired on TV. This film marked Spielberg's first attempt at directing i.e. DUEL starring Dennis Weaver a red Plymouth and an antsy tanker driver. Forgot how spare this movie was, but it was well done and you could cut the tension with a knife 9/10

I remember this movie! My sisters and I watched it on TV as children. They used to have Movies of the Week/End that were produced especially for

. Some of them weren't that great, but some were excellent. I remember being annoyed because my father wanted to watch this (we only had one color TV in our house at the time, and my dad usually got first dibs on what we watched) but as the story unfolded it totally drew me in.

The husband and I recently watched

. Abbie Cornish did a good job with the Texas accent and with the spanish. 7.5/10

I babysat for some younger relatives and was forced to watch

. I was expecting to be bored but it was actually pretty good. 8/10.

Angelina Jolie said that she never intended to use her own daughter in the movie, but every child they tried screamed and cried or ran away from her in that scary costume. The only kid not afraid of her was her own kid.

I haven't seen it but it sounds a bit like Joy Ride starring the late Paul Walker which I have only sort of half watched. That is to say, I watched it all but not paying full attention.

I remember thinking that I cannot fathom the peril. Trucks ain't as fast as cars!

I might watch it again to see if I missed summat.

I haven't seen it but it sounds a bit like Joy Ride starring the late Paul Walker which I have only sort of half watched. That is to say, I watched it all but not paying full attention.

I remember thinking that I cannot fathom the peril. Trucks ain't as fast as cars!

I might watch it again to see if I missed summat.

You can see the full movie , DUEL on You Tube in not bad quality.

'Bridget Jones' Baby'

Good fun, laughed a lot - and Colin Firth still has it!

8/10

New Rocky Horror,5/10 ,give me Tim Curry any time.

'71 - 7/10 - British soldier gets left behind after a tour into IRA occupied NI, the film follows his attempts to rejoin his squadron, good gritty thriller.