Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Paper Moon - 7.5/10 - Great 70's film set in the 30's and filmed in B/W, entertaining for any age.

The Wailing (Goksung in Korean) 9/10

I am a huge South Korean movie fan- this one is a supernatural/thriller that will leave you scratching your head, as there are so many conclusions that can be drawn in the end.

Hope a similar movie fan on here will watch (or has seen it) that may want to offer their feedback.

The movie will grip you from start to finish and at times you will wonder 'what the hell is happening' but the experience of watching this will last for longer!

Vacation 8/10.

A sequel / reboot / re-imagining to the original National Lampoon Vacation series.

I went in with low expectations of a reboot of a classic, but was really pleased.

Its set in the present, with the teenage Rusty from the original now grown up, married and a father of two sons. He's become exactly like his dad Clark Griswold (Chevy Chase). Chevy is actually in it towards the end. I'd like to say Clark's original wife Ellen is too but the actress was so facelifted and her skin pulled tight I couldn't recognise if it was Beverly D'Angelo.

There were a couple of cheeky nods to the original:

"So you wanna redo your vacation from 30 years ago?"

"This will be completely different....the new vacation will stand on its own."

Trailer here:

Spectre. Some very impressive set pieces and a reasonable plot (shades of On Her Majesty's Secret Service) but the pace was too sedate. Christopher Waltz was totally wasted though and it was too long really. 7/10 (just)

Star Trek Beyond - 8.5/10

A big improvement on Star Trek 2.2: The Re-wrath Of Benedict Khanerbatch. Still got a very silly ending but it gets away with it because this one was just more fun with better jokes for Scotty (not surprising since he wrote them) and lots more screen time and quips for McCoy.

Ghostbusters

Terrible. Just, just terrible.

Is this the remake? I never liked the original.

Black Mass - 6.5/10 - Derided for being a little lacking in substance but its still a decent watch.

The remake/cash in.

Loved the original. No need to remake it.

Ghostbusters

Terrible. Just, just terrible.

I'd give it 6/10.

It's not awful, it's funny and captures the spirit of the original. It won't be a classic in the same way the original was.

Paper Moon - 7.5/10 - Great 70's film set in the 30's and filmed in B/W, entertaining for any age.

You've not met a 21st century 14 year old, anything black and white gets ignored no matter how awesome the film is, dont know what they're missing 'eh.

anyhow

Central Intelligence - 9/10 great action film and funny.

The Brothers Grimsby - 9/10 hillarious all the way through, from start to finish madness.

My favorite b/w film is The Haunting.

It helps to give the movie a more gothic and (no pun intended) haunting feel to it.

Non-stop. The very definition of a Liam neeson thriller only set on a plane. 6/10