Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

South Pacific

It’s a romantic World War Two musical by Rodgers and Hammerstein, made in the late 1950s I think.  It might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I loved it, especially the lovely singing.  Hollywood at its best.

10/10

On 09/05/2020 at 22:53, cressida said:

Taken  10/10

Didn't think the above film could be bettered but TAKEN 2 had even more action 

10/10 (add a half)

MIB: International. Not bad, but it felt totally disconnected from the previous films and not because of the new (mainly) cast. Entertaining enough though. 6.5/10

50 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

MIB: International. Not bad, but it felt totally disconnected from the previous films and not because of the new (mainly) cast. Entertaining enough though. 6.5/10

Proximity.

Shades of ET, MIB, X Files, Starwars, Matrix, etc, etc,etc.

Well made piece of trash.

that just doesn't work.

Shame because it could have been good, 

Disappointed because it was so well made but didn't capture you as a viewer.

Had to watch it but ended up wondering why we were watching it if that makes sense.

Bit like having the red button on't remote control & knowing you want to press it but feel committed to see it through.

Plot line is there but Plot disintegrates with the MIB & silly robots.

4/10 - should be more but couldn't do it.

1 hour ago, Rockers rule said:

Proximity.

Shades of ET, MIB, X Files, Starwars, Matrix, etc, etc,etc.

Well made piece of trash.

that just doesn't work.

Shame because it could have been good, 

Disappointed because it was so well made but didn't capture you as a viewer.

Had to watch it but ended up wondering why we were watching it if that makes sense.

Bit like having the red button on't remote control & knowing you want to press it but feel committed to see it through.

Plot line is there but Plot disintegrates with the MIB & silly robots.

4/10 - should be more but couldn't do it.

Definately hints of star wars, bit of marvel in there too. Wasn't as dark as previous ones and that - and taking it away from NY and making it global probably killed it from the off. Not a good men in black but not an awful film.

20 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Definately hints of star wars, bit of marvel in there too. Wasn't as dark as previous ones and that - and taking it away from NY and making it global probably killed it from the off. Not a good men in black but not an awful film.

Hello Tinfoil Hat.

My review was for the film - 'Proximity'

Not MIB

Alita: battle angel. Some teen-friendly-cyborg-meets-rollerball nonsense. James Cameron was involved and it definitely had an Avatar sort of feel to it. Went on too long, the ending was predictable and made for a sequel that probably won't come. But it had it's moments and christoph waltz always adds a bit of class. 6/10

Peppermint - surprisingly good considering the star is jennifer Garner. Good "realistic" action.  7/10.

State Like Sleep - absolute crap except for luke Evans with bleached hair and eyeliner. 0.5/10

Freaks.

Enemy Lines.

we sure seem to be picking them at the moment.

Freaks  5+/10  could b better

no real explanation how the Freaks came about and the story line was so drawn out.

Eventually gets there but still poor.

Enemy lines. 5/10 avarage

Shades of all the great war films, Where Eagles Dare, Kelly's Heroes, Guns of Navarone 

but it just doesn't work.

New film old premise shove some hardened veterans in to rescue a scientist kill a few off instant war film.

Elephant of truth no doubt but at least we had the Yanks to thank coz they won the war for us.

Capone (2020)

Chronicling the final days of notorious gangster Al Capone as he succumbs to 

dementia and relives his past through tormenting memories.

Well that's what it says on the tin (Wikipedia). 

Tormenting is a good word, the film is either a brilliant insight into some ones battle with dementia 

or just a mish mash of well shot film that fails as a film altogether.

I'll go for the latter.

Is it me ?  I go in my garage create something and I'm proud of my work.

We appear to be in a time when Films are being turned out left right and centre usually well shot and with excellent graphics 

yet somehow the end result is poor to say the least.

Do these so called Directors etc not look at the finished result?

or are they happy with achieving the 'Rotten Tomato' accolade.

Well made film great acting but hardly worth watching (IMO) Capone 2020 poor 4+/10

For me the best Al Capone film ever has to be the film with the same title 'Capone' (1975) 10/10

1 hour ago, Rockers rule said:

Capone (2020)

Chronicling the final days of notorious gangster Al Capone as he succumbs to 

dementia and relives his past through tormenting memories.

Well that's what it says on the tin (Wikipedia). 

Tormenting is a good word, the film is either a brilliant insight into some ones battle with dementia 

or just a mish mash of well shot film that fails as a film altogether.

I'll go for the latter.

Is it me ?  I go in my garage create something and I'm proud of my work.

We appear to be in a time when Films are being turned out left right and centre usually well shot and with excellent graphics 

yet somehow the end result is poor to say the least.

Do these so called Directors etc not look at the finished result?

or are they happy with achieving the 'Rotten Tomato' accolade.

Well made film great acting but hardly worth watching (IMO) Capone 2020 poor 4+/10

For me the best Al Capone film ever has to be the film with the same title 'Capone' (1975) 10/10

A buddy of mine is a director. He usually shoots promo music vids and on-tour documentaries. He's worked with Duran Duran, Def Leppard, the Arsenal squad, Cheap Trick, Eric Cantona and the like. He's good, and a respected name on the scene. Never short of work.

He's tried getting money together for years to put a project on the rails, to get it filmed. Finding the right producer who can generate the amount of money needed is simply THE toughest part of the business. It can take years - decades even - to get some things off the ground. I know the pain and disappointments he's felt when projects have fallen through, yet crap, expensive crap at that, continues to flood the market. We look at a tv series or film after we've seen it and thought "How the hell did that get financed??"

As the Americans say, it's a crap-shoot. Right place - or face - at the right time. Even with his extensive connections, he's still an uphill battle to fight for funding/investors.

I'm glad I teach. It's not as stressful 😀.